Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Quick customer service compliment to Korkers

Quick customer service compliment to Korkers

By Troutnut on October 30th, 2019, 3:46 pm
I've been wearing Korkers wading boots for years because I like the interchangeable sole system; I mostly use the soles with aluminum bars on the bottom for traction, but sometimes I switch them out to avoid damaging a boat. On a recent trip, the fabric inside the heel of my Buckskin boots tore (probably due to forcing my foot into a wet boot with too much friction too many times), and the tear made it almost impossible to put the boot on. It's the first time that's happened, and I doubt it'll happen again if I'm a bit more diligent about loosening the laces first. Even though my boots were a few months outside the official 1-year warranty date, I filled out a warranty claim, and they replied immediately offering to send replacements. Those came in the mail a few days later, and all I had to do was destroy the old ones so another claim couldn't be filed on the same boots later. That was one of the most painless warranty experiences I've had in a while. Kudos to Korkers.

Comments / replies

MartinlfNovember 1st, 2019, 1:24 pm
Palmyra PA

Good to hear all of this, Jason. Korkers had some quality control problems years ago, and I've stayed away. This makes me more open to giving them a try in the future.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
RleePNovember 2nd, 2019, 4:20 pm
NW PA - Pennsylvania's Glacial Pothole Wonderland

I've been a Korkers customer as well for the better part of the past decade or at least since shortly after they introduced Their current interchangeable sole system. I appreciate the versatility of the system. And even though I'm not sure it really met the bar for a legitimate customer service issue, they made things right the one time I contacted them about a problem. The goopy clay substrate on a side channel of the main Penobscot sucked one of my studded felts right off the boot and I didn't realize it for a while and hence I never found it. I mentioned it to them and they sent me a brand new pair of studded felts with no questions asked. This was the only issue I've ever had with the system which is pretty remarkable given what I put my Buckskins through.

I'll continue to buy and use their products. Nice folks to deal with, IMO.
TroutnutNovember 3rd, 2019, 5:40 pm
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

The goopy clay substrate on a side channel of the main Penobscot sucked one of my studded felts right off the boot and I didn't realize it for a while and hence I never found it.

Yeah, that's the one downside to the interchangeable soles. I've had them come loose in thick muck too, although never lost one outright. After going through a few pairs of boots in the same system after several years, I have lots of spare soles stored up.
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
Troutnut and salmonid ecologist
PartsmanNovember 4th, 2019, 2:16 pm
bancroft michigan

Good to know, I currently have the orvis BOAs, nice boots and have held up well. I did have to replace the wire laces but no big deal. But something more light weight would be nice.
Mike

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.