Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Another request - how many women are on this site?

Jmd123August 16th, 2007, 5:02 pm
Oscoda, MI

C'mon, guys, it's not as much fun if it's only us. If you are female and love the sport, speak up! I meet women who fly fish fairly frequently but I'm wondering if they're participating in the discussion. So, ladies, have your say!

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
Shawnny3August 16th, 2007, 5:09 pm
Pleasant Gap, PA

A desperate attempt, Jon - this is a lousy place to meet women.

-Shawn

P.S. That's probably a good thing for those of us who are married. My wife has enough of a problem with how much time I spend on troutnut without having to worry about whether I'm having an affair.
Jewelry-Quality Artistic Salmon Flies, by Shawn Davis
www.davisflydesigns.com
WiflyfisherAugust 16th, 2007, 5:40 pm
Wisconsin

Shawn, let's hope Jon attracts a "real" woman to the forum and not one of those other kinds.

Actually, he probably has been observing and analyzing too many spinner falls lately and now he only sees us male spinners on the forum.
John S.
https://WiFlyFisher.com
Jmd123August 16th, 2007, 5:41 pm
Oscoda, MI

Who says I'm looking for a woman? At this point in time and space, I don't really have room in my life for a mate. All of the fly fisherwomen I have met are married anyway (including my ex, who I introduced to this sport). Women have a somewhat different perspective on certain things in life, and their input can be very refreshing. Maybe that's why I have so many woman friends...besides, it's a hellava lot of fun to teach someone else to appreciate this wonderful pasttime. And once she catches a few nice fish, you won't get any argument about the next fishing trip...

If she's out there, fine. In the meantime, I can fish as long as I want, whenever I want, without worrying about "I have to pee, I'm tired, I'm bored, I'm hungry..." (heard it all from the ex).

Jonathon

No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
WiflyfisherAugust 16th, 2007, 5:49 pm
Wisconsin

If she's out there, fine.

Ha! Shawn you're right!
John S.
Jmd123August 16th, 2007, 5:49 pm
Oscoda, MI

I'm actually using elkhair caddis most of the time these days - bluegill and smallmouth aren't all that picky, at least not in the Huron...

There are a couple of different light-colored mayflies hatching these days. I tied a few #14 White Wulffs and they worked well after dark.

Just to straighten you out about my observations on spinner falls...

Jonathon
Jmd123August 16th, 2007, 5:50 pm
Oscoda, MI

Hey guys, ya just never know...
WiflyfisherAugust 16th, 2007, 5:58 pm
Wisconsin

Hey guys, ya just never know...

Good fishing! :)
John S.
Jmd123August 16th, 2007, 6:04 pm
Oscoda, MI

And how exactly do you mean that, John? :oD

Oh, I already know the answer..."Anything you want it to mean".

Or, "What's on YOUR mind, Jonathon?"

Oh, just spinner falls...
WiflyfisherAugust 16th, 2007, 6:11 pm
Wisconsin

See there is the scientist coming out in you... over analyzing. :)

We all need to go fly fishing for trout and get off the keyboards and mice! Especially me! :(
John S.
Jmd123August 16th, 2007, 6:25 pm
Oscoda, MI

Well, what are you waiting for, man? It's the witching hour! Get out there and fish that hatch!!

Jonathon
Shawnny3August 17th, 2007, 8:07 pm
Pleasant Gap, PA

OK, so far 10 responses without a single woman weighing in – now we’ve probably spooked every fish in the stream.

Speaking of women being fish, I think it may be time for an encore of that poem, Louis – it might be just what Jon needs right now.

-Shawn
www.davisflydesigns.com
JADAugust 18th, 2007, 11:02 am
Alexandria Pa

Hi guys

As some of you knew, I keep a trailer at Green Hills on the little j. I'm looking for a attractive women that ties flies and cleans fish and has gas money.

Ps Sign at trailer says---Lost Dog and wife Reward for Great Dog.

JaD

They fasten red (crimson red) wool around a hook, and fix onto the wool two feathers which grow under a cock’s wattles, and which in colour are like wax.
Radcliffe's Fishing from the Earliest Times,
WiflyfisherAugust 18th, 2007, 1:58 pm
Wisconsin

I saw some usernames that appeared to be used by women on the flytyingforum.com. You might have better luck over there if you are trolling. Dunno if the clean fish or have gas money tho. :)

John S.
TroutnutAugust 18th, 2007, 3:35 pm
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

My girlfriend has an account here, but she's taken!!!
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
Troutnut and salmonid ecologist
Shawnny3August 18th, 2007, 6:43 pm
Pleasant Gap, PA

"I'm looking for a attractive women that ties flies and cleans fish and has gas money."

I would hope that any woman frequenting this site would practice strict catch-and-release. Not to scare off any more of them...

-Shawn

P.S. Doh! I forgot how to do that cool 'quote' thing. I'm so not cool anymore.
www.davisflydesigns.com
WbranchAugust 19th, 2007, 3:19 am
York & Starlight PA

For my two cents this Forum is probably one of the worst places to locate and find a woman. If you guys are serious about developing a relationship with a gal who might wind up as your partner I'd strongly suggest going to one of the huge annual fly fishing shows that are held all around the country. Often you will see lots of gals there who may have read about fly fishing somewhere or had a friend mention it to them and it may have piqued their interest to learn more about it. Albeit it is likely some a lot of them play for the other team but I have seen some honey's who were absolutely blatantly flirting with booth owners and other advertisers.

The Somerset New Jersey show is the one that I often go to and I've always seen a good number of gals either walking along by themselves or with a girlfriend who would love to learn about fly fishing.

There used to be a smaller show held in the athletic building of the College Park, MD campus that attracted lots of good looking coeds but I think that show was not held in 2007. It appears it has been dropped from the 2008 show roster. Here is the link to that site;

http://www.flyfishingshow.com/

I fish at least eighty days a season and I rarely see a women fishing alone. I could safely say that in my entire angling life I've probably seen no more than a dozen women fly fishing by themslves. I seen more women fly fishing in Montana than I've ever seen in the East. One time I did see two women, who had excellent equipment, fishing together on a small PA freestone. I've always seen far more women floating with a guide in a drift boat than I have seen wading the river. Is this because they feel safer in the boat with another man as their guide or is it because they know very little about fly fishing and want instruction from a pro and the chance of maybe catching a fish. It may be all of the above, safety, instruction from a pro, and a better likelihood of catching a fish.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
MartinlfAugust 19th, 2007, 10:39 am
Palmyra PA

Wow, Matt, you not only know fishing, you'd make a pretty good dating coach. If my wife ever divorces me, I'm coming to you for advice. Unless, of course, I decide to stay single and fish whenever I want to. But after a week of that recently, I'll have to admit I was glad to see my girls come home from the beach (wife and two daughters--I'm not a Mormon).

OK, I know Mormons don't actually have multiple spouses these days, not mainstream ones anyway, so all our Mormon members need not rush to correct me. By the way, I'm Catholic, and welcome any and all Catholic jokes. Did you hear the one about the priest, the imam, and the rabbi?
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
Jmd123August 19th, 2007, 1:28 pm
Oscoda, MI

I don't think I've heard that one, Martinlf, so enlighten me - if you're afraid of offending anyone, email me privately.

Here's one for ya, thought it doesn't necessarily apply strictly to Catholics...

A priest and a rabbi are good friends. On a walk to get lunch together, the rabbi starts across a road in front of the priest. Suddenly, a speeding car comes out of nowhere and knocks the rabbi down hard. As he gets up, the priest watching in horror, the rabbi suddenly appears to cross himself like a Christian. The priest can't believe his eyes. "Good Lord, man, you've been converted!" "Huh? What do you mean?" said the rabbi. "Why, you crossed yourself like a Christian!" To which the rabbi replies. "What? No I did not! I was just checking eveything - spectacles, testicles, watch, and wallet."

OK, this one DOES specifically apply to Catholics...

A man dies. As he has lived a good, moral life, he goes to heaven. St. Peter welcomes him at the gates. "Welcome to Heaven my son! You've made it at last, and now you will recieve your rewards for having lived a good and decent life!" The man is absolutely thrilled and can't wait to see what his rewards are.

St. Peter says, "Since you have just arrived, I shall give you a heavenly tour of your eternal home, just to get you oriented." "That sounds wonderful!" says the man. St. Peter leads the man down a long hallway lit by golden light, on either side of which are rooms. Some of the rooms have open doors, so the man peeks into them. Inside the first door, people are singing, dancing, kissing, and generally having a wild and crazy time. "St. Peter!" says the man. "Who are those people?" To which St. Peter replies, "Oh, those are the Puritans. Since they couldn't do all those things in their earthly lives, we let them do it all up here in Heaven."

On down the hallway they went. Upon passing another open door, the man peeks inside and sees people smoking, drinking, gambling, and generally carousing. "St. Peter, who are those people?" "Oh, they're the Methodists. Since they couldn't do all those things in their earthly lives, we let them do it all up here in Heaven."

Still further, another door is open, and the man peeks inside. Inside the room are people typing away on computers, watching movies on VCRs, playing video games, and tinkering away on various motors and other mechanical and electronic devices - all having a terrific time. "St. Peter..." Before he can finish his sentence, St. Peter says, "Those are the Amish. Since they couldn't do all those things in their earthly lives, we let them do it all up here in Heaven."

Finally, they pass the last open door. Inside are people who look rather dour and bored. They are reading newspapers, watching old TV shows, and generally look miserable. "St. Peter!" exclaims the man! "Those are the Catholics - they DID EVERYTHING already!!"

Hey man, you asked for it...

Jonathon :oD

MartinlfAugust 19th, 2007, 1:39 pm
Palmyra PA

Love it. And I didn't have any particular joke in mind, it was just a suggestive opening.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
Page:123

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.