Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Another request - how many women are on this site?, Page 2

SayfuNovember 26th, 2011, 8:39 am
Maybe if a few females saw a picture of Kelly Galloup's new SEX DUNGEON streamer, and all the articulating action it produces we'd attract more females to the site.
WbranchNovember 26th, 2011, 4:46 pm
York & Starlight PA

Who wants more females? You want females go to a singles site.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
LastchanceNovember 27th, 2011, 8:36 am
Portage, PA

Gees, I don't think one can have too many women anywhere at any time. Maybe if someone post a picture of the sex dungeon we can attract some women?
SayfuNovember 27th, 2011, 12:59 pm
Posts: 560Lastchance...Are you from Last Chance?..or fish there? Galloup is located not far from LastChance!! Have you seen the Sex Dungeon gyrating below the waist of that awesome streamer? I've caught big browns with it, and they wee foaming at the mouth when I landed them. All in jest, but I do like to see women get into fly fishing, and they can be very good. My disappointment with the sport, women, or men, is we are in a declining mode of participation. I teach in a HS of over 1,200 students, and if I have a handful of young people that flyfish in the HS that is a big number. And I am located in one of the premier fly fishing areas in the lower 48...SE Idaho.
KeystonerDecember 1st, 2011, 3:16 am
Eugene, OR - formerly Eastern PA

So yeah, no chicks here. For what it's worth, there seems to be a few on the Westfly - Oregon forums.
"Out into the cool of the evening, strolls the Pretender. He knows that all his hopes and dreams, begin and end there." -JB
SayfuDecember 1st, 2011, 9:31 am
Keystoner...There will be a lot more chicks on this thread. They follow me around..can't keep them off of me. :)
GooseDecember 1st, 2011, 10:02 am
Posts: 77HA! You gotta' love your humility, Sayfu. I'm from PA and I chose that moniker (Lastchance) for other reasons.
BRATDecember 1st, 2011, 3:00 pm
Posts: 10Hmmm...well, I'm a woman (extremely happily married, TYVM) and while I don't fly fish, I do love river bugs. I collect and ID them to learn about the water quality in our local rivers and streams. Not sure if I count, though, with regards to the original query of this thread!
FalsiflyDecember 1st, 2011, 4:30 pm
Hayward, WI.

What’s the matter guys, cat got your tongue? BRAT calls you out and you run and hide like she has the coodies. “River bugs” I love it, I know a few fly fishermen I’d call river bugs. BRAT you may have just coined a new phrase.
Falsifly
When asked what I just caught that monster on I showed him. He put on his magnifiers and said, "I can't believe they can see that."
SayfuDecember 1st, 2011, 4:42 pm
Hey, I'll respond to her! I'd be happy to see her on the river. Quite often my artificials don't fool, anything, and I'd be happy to use some of her bugs.
TaxonDecember 1st, 2011, 5:39 pm
Site Editor
Royse City, TX

Hmmm...well, I'm a woman (extremely happily married, TYVM) and while I don't fly fish, I do love river bugs. I collect and ID them to learn about the water quality in our local rivers and streams. Not sure if I count, though, with regards to the original query of this thread!

Hi BRAT-

Frankly, I don't care a whit about your gender, one way or the other. However, you can rest assured that you do count, at least in my books, simply based on your appreciation of aquatic insects, or river bugs as you refer to them.

Best regards,
Roger Rohrbeck
www.FlyfishingEntomology.com
Jmd123December 1st, 2011, 9:22 pm
Oscoda, MI

I can't believe this old thread has come up again, especially since I started it (several years ago). Sayfu keeps dredging up old threads and adding his comments to them...oh well, they're out there and maybe some of them do need to come back to life.

Welcome BRAT and any other women who choose to comment here! I think we could use a few more to keep these boys on their toes (notice I didn't call them MEN)...

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
EntomanDecember 2nd, 2011, 12:50 am
Northern CA & ID

I'm with Taxon.
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
BRATDecember 2nd, 2011, 7:20 am
Posts: 10You guys all rock...the best information and photos I've ever seen when looking for ID help for macros has come from this site. I know, they are benthic macroinvertebrates...but a 5-year-old with a magnifying glass and a sense of wonder will understand "river bugs" much easier.

I use them to help get an idea about water quality, and people (especially kids!) just really seem to love chasing after and capturing the little larvae in the pans that I set out during my educational program. The fascination on people's faces (kids AND parents!) when I set a tiny bundle of pebbles on their hand and it starts to crawl around...it's just priceless.

I can always tell a fly fisherman by the sharp glint in his eye and the leer on his face when I start talking about hellgrammites. *grin*
OldredbarnDecember 2nd, 2011, 9:44 am
Novi, MI

I can always tell a fly fisherman by the sharp glint in his eye and the leer on his face when I start talking about hellgrammites. *grin*

Sounds like we're busted boys! :) Someone's on to us...We should learn to speak in a harder to understand code or something...;)

BRAT welcome, but we here, on TrountNut, should not forget our "den mother" Casey...;) I'm just kidding Casey...About the den mother thing, not that we should forget you...Never! :)

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
BRATDecember 5th, 2011, 6:47 am
Posts: 10Just "met" Casey and hope to stay in touch -- and I'm looking forward to learning more about bugs from all you "boys"! It's a fine spirit of sportsmanship you all share, and a deep love of the sport and the fish and the river that brings me back. Male, female, every age imaginable...it's a great community you folks are building.

I would be honored to have any one of you help me pick bugs; your collective knowledge of and respect for the little critters is humbling.
SayfuDecember 5th, 2011, 10:17 am
Posts: 560Taxon..Were you around the area during the mid to late 80's I would guess when Jacques Cousteau visited the Seattle area, and did the study on the water quality of Puget Sound? I lived on Mercer Island at the time, and have told the results to HS students in science class many times.
TaxonDecember 5th, 2011, 1:49 pm
Site Editor
Royse City, TX

Yes I was, Jere. However, I have nothing but a vague recollection of Jacques Cousteau having visited the Seattle area, and having studied the water quality of Puget Sound. Perhaps you could remind me of the results of that study, either via PM, or by starting a new thread, so that we don't inappropriately hijack this title.

Best,
Best regards,
Roger Rohrbeck
OldredbarnDecember 5th, 2011, 2:22 pm
Novi, MI

Taxon...Speaking of highjacking...Probably due to the title of this thread and the nosy computer keeping track of your wanderings on the web...Along the side of the thread here earlier I got an ad offering a connection to Detroit's singles and it alternates with an ad for Pink Floyd's new remastered compilation CD's...Say What?! Strange, eh?

Spence

"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
TaxonDecember 5th, 2011, 2:45 pm
Site Editor
Royse City, TX

Strange, eh?

Yep, strange indeed. :-)
Best regards,
Roger Rohrbeck
Page:123

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.