User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > WI contingent, Page 7

Page:1...4567
WiflyfisherJanuary 22nd, 2010, 3:31 pm
Wisconsin

Hey we should crash it!

I would love to fish the Delaware again! I still have fond memories of big trout during the sulphur hatch at the Junction Pool and staying at the White House.
John S.
https://WiFlyFisher.com
FalsiflyFebruary 5th, 2010, 2:24 pm
Hayward, WI.

Hi Matt
Nice fish, I don't think your going to earn any demerits for a target fish. I think some one from Wisconsin posted some Pike pictures a while back, but you know how that is (If you can't catch real fish (Trout) then Pike will do. That should get a rise---No pun intended.

Once again a PA guy takes a swipe at the WI guys.

P.S. Oh, almost forgot, nice CARP JAD
Falsifly
When asked what I just caught that monster on I showed him. He put on his magnifiers and said, "I can't believe they can see that."
FalsiflyFebruary 6th, 2011, 8:37 pm
Hayward, WI.

Well it seems the PA Contingent lost out to us on this one, but I’d like to tip my hat to our friends for a game well played. That first quarter had me sitting back, but the second third and fourth had me on the edge of my seat.
Falsifly
When asked what I just caught that monster on I showed him. He put on his magnifiers and said, "I can't believe they can see that."
Trout11BFebruary 9th, 2011, 8:05 am
NW Wisconsin

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't early season opener a few weeks away?

Ryan
Balancing school, military, relationships, sports and all the other things in my life with fly fishing.
BellsporterFebruary 9th, 2011, 3:56 pm
boulder colorado

Is there a Colorado contingent? If so I'd like to begin my initiation.Lucas
FalsiflyFebruary 9th, 2011, 7:41 pm
Hayward, WI.

Proceed with caution, the early season may not include the water you plan on fishing.

http://dnr.wi.gov/fish/

No Colorado Contingent here to my knowledge.
Falsifly
Trout11BFebruary 11th, 2011, 12:27 pm
NW Wisconsin

Proceed with caution, the early season may not include the water you plan on fishing.

Ya, I've been trying to wade through the regs for Wisconsin for awhile. Back in Illinois the regs are simpler to an extent, but up here near the big lake they seem to get fairly complicated, at least to me.

Ryan
Balancing school, military, relationships, sports and all the other things in my life with fly fishing.
FalsiflyFebruary 11th, 2011, 1:23 pm
Hayward, WI.

Ryan,
Agreed, sifting through the Wis. trout regulations is a lot like trout fishing. Difficult at first, but once you get the hang of it you’ll catch on. If you find the wed site and the printed pamphlet (which is available at the sports shop) lacking, you should be able to get answers from the sports shop personnel, or place a call to the nearest DNR office.

Falsifly
Logboy73February 26th, 2011, 7:49 pm
Posts: 24Early Season opens next Saturday. I'm thinking its going to be a chilly one.

http://dnr.wi.gov/fish/seasons/earlytrout.htm

I have a question. I didn't buy a trout stamp last year (new baby), just a fishing license. Its not possible to buy the new 2011 license yet and get a new stamp. Whats a guy supposed to do? Try and buy last years trout stamp so I can catch and release?
If it wasn't for Woolly Buggers I'd probably never catch anything.
FalsiflyFebruary 26th, 2011, 9:13 pm
Hayward, WI.

JR,
New licenses are supposed to be available Wed. March 9th. So I guess you purchase last years stamp for a couple days, or wait until the following Wednesday for the 2011/2012 license and stamp. The best thing to do is go to the bait shop and ask. Or you could just claim you’re fishing for chubs.
Falsifly
FreepowFebruary 28th, 2011, 10:58 am
menomonie, WI

The anticipation is killing me...I don't care how cold it is, I'm wetting a line even for 5 minutes! The cure for the common cabin fever!
"I fish...because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I for one don't want to waste the trip..."
Jmd123February 28th, 2011, 10:25 pm
Oscoda, MI

Don't you folks have any other hobbies besides trout fishing??? Try cross-country skiing or something before you all go insane, get sick from the cold, drown in 35 F waters, or get arrested for fishing out of season or without a license!!

Jonathon from MICHIGAN

P.S. Do you not have any steelhead in your part of the world?
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
Logboy73March 2nd, 2011, 7:38 pm
Posts: 24I think you have to go up to the Brule River to find some Steelhead.

Looks like it will be chilly this weekend. 1-3 more inches of snow on Thursday, a high of 29 on Saturday. Still, I don't mind fishing in the snow if it means having a stretch of the Rush to myself. Too bad gas costs a fortune again.

Who all is going to the Great Waters Fly Fishing Expo April 1?

http://www.greatwatersflyfishingexpo.com/Home.html
FreepowMarch 3rd, 2011, 10:39 am
menomonie, WI

I don't think you'll have the Rush to yourself Logboy! I'll be out there too. I really look forward to it because it is a state that you don't really get to see the river in...all frozen like that. It certainly has a different kind of beauty than the summer season. Can't wait...
"I fish...because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I for one don't want to waste the trip..."
Logboy73June 24th, 2017, 9:45 pm
Page:1...4567

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.