Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Beginning to look like autumn

CrepuscularSeptember 23rd, 2015, 10:02 am
Boiling Springs, PA

A few trees are starting to change and dropping some leaves, the goldenrod is in full bloom. The October caddis and tiny Baetids are around. This guy is starting to color up and ate a #24 thorax dun.

Jmd123September 23rd, 2015, 1:40 pm
Oscoda, MI

Beautiful fish there, Eric! Looks like he's thinking fall too - getting his spawning colors on.

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
MartinlfSeptember 23rd, 2015, 4:46 pm
Palmyra PA

Fine looking fish!
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
PaulRobertsSeptember 27th, 2015, 8:32 am
Colorado

Oh my!
SmugglerSeptember 29th, 2015, 3:53 pm
Lebanon, Pa

What a fish!
Www.flymphforum.com
OldredbarnSeptember 29th, 2015, 6:37 pm
Novi, MI

Did it come from behind your magic rock on the famous bend, in that wonderful stream you took me to? :) I'll never forget that rainy, Henny filled afternoon, and all those trout who wanted to play along...Oh and the storm where we nearly died! :)

And the beers...Great day of fishing!

Spence

"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
CrepuscularOctober 1st, 2015, 11:34 am
Boiling Springs, PA

Did it come from behind your magic rock on the famous bend, in that wonderful stream you took me to? :)

Spence

close by, in the neighborhood I suppose you could say, but not from the rock. I actually passed on two fish that were stationed at the rock. Figured I'd leave them alone, let them feel comfortable there. But I'll be back...one was pretty big...

yes Spence you have good karma, I'll go fishing with you anytime.
OldredbarnOctober 1st, 2015, 6:15 pm
Novi, MI

That's good to know...:) There's always that fish I missed on the Letort...I'm letting him grow up a bit and we'll have to make another pass at him...The next time I'll just look up in the trees and pretend I'm watching the birds and let him take the hook..."Wait till I feel the weight!"

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
RMlytleOctober 5th, 2015, 6:58 pm
Connecticut

That is a gorgeous brown for sure! CT is getting a good dose of autumn now too, and the fish are starting to get aggressive. If there's anything I love more than dry fly fishing, it's streamer fishing!
Feathers5October 6th, 2015, 10:03 am

Did it come from behind your magic rock on the famous bend, in that wonderful stream you took me to? :)

Spence

close by, in the neighborhood I suppose you could say, but not from the rock. I actually passed on two fish that were stationed at the rock. Figured I'd leave them alone, let them feel comfortable there. But I'll be back...one was pretty big...

OldredbarnOctober 6th, 2015, 9:04 pm
Novi, MI

:) Hey Bruce. How ya been, mister? Haven't heard from you in awhile...Eaten any mayo covered hotdogs from Sheetz' lately? :)

I was getting a little suspicious about that rock, when I got up next to it, and read a small sign there that said, "It is unlawful to fish within a 10 yard radius of this stone without permission from Eric N...The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission."

That boys got tug!:)

Spence

CrepuscularOctober 6th, 2015, 10:14 pm
Boiling Springs, PA

Spence, do you mean Bruce's Rock?

Bruce, you don't get a rock named after you just for falling over it and spooking all the fish...I was thinking of you two today as I was feeding rising fish a #18 caddis all within 30' of MY ROCK! I peed on it it's mine...actually a mink has claimed it. there were mink turds on it tonight so maybe it's his rock now...Mink Rock, I like the sound of that.

:)
Feathers5October 7th, 2015, 12:03 pm
Spence, do you mean Bruce's Rock?

Bruce, you don't get a rock named after you just for falling over it and spooking all the fish...I was thinking of you two today as I was feeding rising fish a #18 caddis all within 30' of MY ROCK! I peed on it it's mine...actually a mink has claimed it. there were mink turds on it tonight so maybe it's his rock now...Mink Rock, I like the sound of that.

:)

I wish you would have thought about me before you went fishing, Eric.
Feathers5October 7th, 2015, 12:05 pm
:) Hey Bruce. How ya been, mister? Haven't heard from you in awhile...Eaten any mayo covered hotdogs from Sheetz' lately? :)

I was getting a little suspicious about that rock, when I got up next to it, and read a small sign there that said, "It is unlawful to fish within a 10 yard radius of this stone without permission from Eric N...The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission."

That boys got tug!:)

Spence

Hot dogs, swiss cheese, and mayo; heaven on a bun. I hope you're well, Spence.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.