Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Calling All PA Boys, Page 3

WbranchApril 2nd, 2015, 5:30 pm
York & Starlight PA

Apparently to you that means fish over 10" which is a random measure not to mention unscientific.

Yes, I'm very unscientific and probably not very much unlike most guys on this forum who want to feel a tug. I selected the unscientific length of 10" because IMO anything less than 10" isn't going to tug very hard and I will be bored. That is my opinion and I know lots of guys just love fishing little water for little fish and that is fine for them but not for me.

I'm not stating this on fish caught on hook and line instead what I am telling you is from data collected from electrofishing surveys.

For guys who fish the "caught on hook and line" is pretty much all we care about at the end of the day. Of course we are interested in the watershed as a whole and want it to be nice and pretty and self sustaining and all that other good stuff. But if the guy who is out on the water, who is pretty skillful, isn't catching those wild brooks, browns, and whatever else is there then the electrofishing survey results don't mean jack.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
RleePApril 2nd, 2015, 5:47 pm
NW PA - Pennsylvania's Glacial Pothole Wonderland

>>Well a "good head of wild fish"is a subjective term.>>

Exactly...

When we are talking about healthy small to medium Appalachian freestones, whether or not a stream has "good head of wild fish" has absolutely nothing to do with how large the fish are.

MiltRPowellApril 2nd, 2015, 7:54 pm
Posts: 106Wow,wow,wow,wow,wow,wow,wow,wow,wow,wow,wow,wow wow wow,woe....You only get out of a body of water, what ya put into it. Not meaning fish per say. If your home water needs help, help it. And to do that you have to get your hands dirty & work & listen to others that are in the know of things. As been there done that. As a body, you make changes not for man, but for the heath & welfare of the living things in your water. Then with some prayers & luck you notice change. As per, better habitat, better bugs, better water flow, better water, in all better, stronger fish, & growth in said Trout. It just don't happen, bitching on it,& sitting on ones said,ass!! And this is nothing I haven't stated before in said ,meetings on the creek this, the trout that, give me a brake. Hey if a tree falls down in your yard do you leave it there??? Same with home water,no ya remove it. Work it's called, do most people care,no, but matters to the ones that do care. Closing: Provide better, you get better, but whatever... whatever floats your fly.And you really try to have a nice day, with thinking the ckicken came before the egg......
flyfishingthecreekM.R.P.
Page:123

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.