Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > HELP! Problems matching the Hatch., Page 2

WbranchJanuary 12th, 2015, 7:07 pm
York & Starlight PA

Justin,

"I'm starting to think your playing with me and you LIVE ON THE SOQUE. LOL. Cause your right again, that's exactly what I do. I only let a few feet of Fly line out and use a 9'-10' 5x or 6x leader".

No, I'm not playing you but I have been fly fishing for fifty-five years. I've fished dozens of streams the size, and character, of the Soque and the techniques that have proved successful on one will likely be successful on many others with similar characteristics.

PM me your email address and I'll send you some macro pictures of various midge nymphs.

There is a little spring creek in central Pennslyvania that is very famous for having very large trout. About fifteen years ago I went there for a long weekend and it did indeed have a ton of big trout. Far more big trout than any little stream that size would ever have in the real world of trout streams. In two and a half days I landed over thirty trout 16" - 23", I didn't even count fish less than 16". It was fun for one trip but it was just so easy, and so artificial, that if I hadn't already been fly fishing for decades I would of thought it was what fly fishing for trout was about.

It is so much more than catching huge, and dopey, hatchery trout. I love to just be out on a nice stream and if I can catch a couple 11" - 13" wild trout I'll have felt A had a great day.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
Page:12

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.