Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Cabela's Wind River rods

RogueratNovember 23rd, 2014, 6:10 pm
My 18-yr old college-kid daughter wants her 'own' rod, vs. always borrowing one of my St Croix's. I'm leaning toward a rod/reel combo from Cabela's, a lot of their stuff is on sale and the Wind River setup looks pretty good. The Cabela's Three-forks rod has been mentioned more than a couple times on Troutnut; are there any informed opinions on the Wind River rod?

On-line ratings are positive with tip breakage the only downside (owner/anglers are high-sticking?)

Tight lines, and SW MI hit 52 today...after 29+ inches of snow the last week-and-a half. go figure.

Roguerat

erroneous famous quote correction...apparently 'You can observe a lot by watching' was a Yogi Berra original, NOT Casey Stengel (who had his own language, 'Stengelese').
CaseyPNovember 23rd, 2014, 8:06 pm
Arlington, VA/ Mercersburg, PA

a very long time ago when i had to spell my name over the phone, i would say "Casey as in Stengel".
then came the day when the voice at the other end said, "huh?"
very sad.
"You can observe a lot by watching." Yogi Berra
CaseyPNovember 23rd, 2014, 8:06 pm
Arlington, VA/ Mercersburg, PA

oh--newbie pal has ordered the Cabela's outfit. i'll let you know...
"You can observe a lot by watching." Yogi Berra
WbranchNovember 24th, 2014, 7:12 pm
York & Starlight PA

It tied a record in York, PA today at 69 degrees.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
RogueratNovember 24th, 2014, 7:30 pm
Whack Weather, 'take two'

It's 27 degrees out and a snotty mix of freezing rain, sleet, and snow along with strong winds...gotta' love MI weather. Our Husky loves it, she won't come inside unless she's bribed.

I ended up getting a Three Forks combo, price was too good to pass up- along with positive opinions on this Site re this rod.

Roguerat

Aakash316January 13th, 2015, 5:52 am
delhi

I know quite a bit about fishing gears,recently i choose to check the reels available and bought Okuma epixor bait. what i needed most was guide to right fishing its not really easy to fish without right tools. enjoy fishing and don't miss on anything: "Passion for fishing"
WbranchJanuary 13th, 2015, 10:57 am
York & Starlight PA

I happened to look at the link provided and this is one passage I found. Maybe one of our other members can decipher it for me. Good luck!

"Wet versus: Dry A fly’s building decides whether it will move previously mentioned the top (dry flies), journey partially or perhaps totally immersed (emerges), or sink (larvae and streamers). Seafood assume their own meals reactions to be in a certain area of the normal mineral waters column, as well as understanding where which is important key to good soar assortment.

Fly Color: Feel Seasons Don’t know where to start together along using your soar choice? Believe firstly seasons color styles. Planting season, past due tumble, and also winter season lures tend to be darker, matching the colors of these environment. Light jigs typically can be found in warmer climate.

Fake versus: Flattery Angling lures may be possibly impressionistic or exact replicas, as well as their particular effectiveness usually is dependent upon exactly just precisely the way picky the seafood have grown to be as a result of meals supply, weather conditions and also fishing strain.

Believe Subsurface regarding Bass At least common fraction of the diet of trout consists of subsurface meals reactions. Although you may favor fly doing some sport reef offshore sport day outdoor, knowing what nymphs, larvae and also crustaceans are available underneath the surface area having allow you to determine soar choice. This information will help you make a good fly fishing experience."

It sounds more like a "Passion for Confusion".
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.