Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > OK I give up what is it ????

Brookyman has attached this picture to aid in identification. The message is below.
Shown Full Size
BrookymanDecember 27th, 2013, 4:19 am
Banned
I was searching Stenacron photos on the web and found this guy. It is obviously not Stenacron. I hope it is ok to post it, I did not take the picture but found it way to cool looking and just had to know what it is. Any thought's on this one. I only found this one picture so no more views.

Mack.
Banned for threatening another user and then trying to circumvent a kinder "soft" ban with fake accounts
EntomanDecember 28th, 2013, 10:29 pm
Site Editor
Northern CA & ID

Ah... the blurry photo with no other info provided... :(
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
BrookymanDecember 28th, 2013, 10:40 pm
Banned
Hey Kurt.

Do you have even a guess at what it might be, even only by genus even ??? I wish there were more pictures buy it is just the one. Just the family or even a possible genus and I will look around from there and maybe find something. I have not seen anything like it so I am speechless on this one.

It does kind off look like it might be in the Heptageniidae family.

Mack.
Banned for threatening another user and then trying to circumvent a kinder "soft" ban with fake accounts
EntomanDecember 28th, 2013, 10:49 pm
Site Editor
Northern CA & ID

I edited this post to remove idle speculation. There are many, many undescribed mayfly adults, Mack. Especially females. Perhaps somebody else on the board recognizes it. I sure don't!:)
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
BrookymanDecember 28th, 2013, 10:56 pm
Banned
As well, we also don't know where on this planet the photo was taken for all we know it could be a some kind off Asian form, because I found the photo in a world wide web search under Stenacron, and that it is not sure.
TaxonDecember 28th, 2013, 11:03 pm
Site Editor
Plano, TX

Mack,

Do you have some reason to believe that it's actually a North American mayfly? I tried to find the photo via Google images searching on "Stenacron", but failed to find it. Which search engine did you use to find the photo?
Roger Rohrbeck
www.FlyfishingEntomology.com
BrookymanDecember 28th, 2013, 11:28 pm
Banned
It was just a Google search the be problem is I tends to see and image and then follow it to some site then I just keep on exploring sometimes for hours at a time. Does it look even somewhat familiar to you Roger ??? It truly could be from anywhere on this massive planet. Could it be some form in the Leucrocuta family ???
TaxonDecember 29th, 2013, 2:31 am
Site Editor
Plano, TX

Mack,

Does it look even somewhat familiar to you Roger ???

Regrettably, no it does not.
Roger Rohrbeck
www.FlyfishingEntomology.com
EntomanDecember 30th, 2013, 5:54 pm
Site Editor
Northern CA & ID

Post a link to the site where you found it, Mack. Better yet, go back to the web page yourself and see what info may be gleaned. In google searches there is the choice of opening a photo or going to the web page of origin. Click on the latter this time.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.