Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Watershed restoration

CrepuscularDecember 16th, 2013, 11:35 am
Boiling Springs, PA

In my non fishing life, this is what I do. If you get a chance check this out and see what can be accomplished at a watershed level. It takes many interested and dedicated parties (and funding), but it works. http://vimeo.com/80934305
PaulRobertsDecember 16th, 2013, 7:45 pm
Colorado

Very nice video, Eric. Nice to see a green landscape with people on it that can afford to care.
OldredbarnDecember 16th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Novi, MI

Nice production! This is the kind of positive, practical, results oriented work we need to see. An advertisement for/from the environmentalist community. Don't beat folks over the head and point fingers. Shows them how the little things can add up to something big. It can be done!

Thanks sir! I'm forwarding this link on to some people here in Michigan. A model for how it's done.

Thanks! Eric. Nice stuff.

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
CrepuscularDecember 16th, 2013, 10:54 pm
Boiling Springs, PA

Very nice video, Eric. Nice to see a green landscape with people on it that can afford to care.

Thanks Paul. I hear what you're saying and yes we take a lot for granted here.
CrepuscularDecember 17th, 2013, 7:39 am
Boiling Springs, PA

Nice production! This is the kind of positive, practical, results oriented work we need to see. An advertisement for/from the environmentalist community. Don't beat folks over the head and point fingers. Shows them how the little things can add up to something big. It can be done!

Thanks sir! I'm forwarding this link on to some people here in Michigan. A model for how it's done.

Thanks! Eric. Nice stuff.

Spence

Thanks Spence. The people at PSU did a really nice job with the video. I just do the bugs, coordinate some streambank restoration and manage some people for that particular project, but it really does illustrate what can be accomplished when there are enough parties that are willing to work together toward a common goal. We definitely benefit from being in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed, some funding is there do actually do some work.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.