Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Lamson Reels

WbranchNovember 15th, 2013, 8:49 pm
York & Starlight PA

In case anyone is inerested Madison River Fishing Company in Ennis, MT is having a blow-out clearance sale on the Lamson Litespeeds in all sizes. The 1.5 lists for $299.99 and I got one for $199.99. I had a first generation 1.5 Litespeed I bought in W. Yellowstone in 1999 for $240. A couple of weeks agao I left it, a Sage FLi 9' #5 4 pc, and a brand new Orvis Hydrocoat WF #5 on top of my car and drove away. By the time I realized it was missing someone found it.

http://www.mrfc.com/MadisonRiverShopping/SearchResult.aspx
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
OldredbarnNovember 16th, 2013, 12:29 am
Novi, MI

A couple of weeks ago I left it, a Sage FLi 9' #5 4 pc, and a brand new Orvis Hydrocoat WF #5 on top of my car and drove away. By the time I realized it was missing someone found it.

Oh no!!!

Many years ago, I was rushing, and left a Hardy Flyweight reel on top of my Jeep! I didn't know it was gone until the next day when I went to grab it out of the car and check the condition my leader was in...I saw that little blue case sitting open in the back of the truck and knew right away I'd screwed up...

I tried back tracking but never found it...It probably fell off right at the parking area at the access site and some other angler found it.

Spence

Side Note: Re: The Madison River Fishing Co...I stopped in to see Eric Swedman this summer while I was out there. I hadn't seen him since 1995 when I stayed in town there and he and I floated the Madison. I caught a really nice fish that day 23.5" Brown...I was there with some guys from my club this August and it was nice that he remembered and made a big deal out of it...He used to call me Doctor Detroit from that movie from back then. :)
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.