Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > In the Alley for Haloween!

Oldredbarn has attached these 4 pictures. The message is below.
View Full SizeView Full Size (1.6X larger)
View Full SizeView Full Size (1.6X larger)
Shown Full Size
Shown Full Size
OldredbarnNovember 2nd, 2013, 12:27 pm
Novi, MI

I was supposed to be on this trip but unfortunately couldn't make it. Darn!

A friend of mine is fishing the "Alley" the last few days and he sent me these to rub in the fact that he's having a blast, catching fish, and I'm here driving my nephew around looking at colleges for next year...Darn again!

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
WbranchNovember 14th, 2013, 6:56 pm
York & Starlight PA

Nice brown. Was he planning on keeping it since his left hand is jammed under the gill cover. The last picture of the colored up fish is really gorgeous. That fish had been in the river a couple of weeks. That red cheek is awesome.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
EntomanNovember 14th, 2013, 7:30 pm
Northern CA & ID

Yeah, I noticed that too. Very poor fish handling. It may survive release, but...
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
OldredbarnNovember 15th, 2013, 12:18 pm
Novi, MI

Not sure fellas if he was keeping fish or not...I believe not, but...who knows.

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.