Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Last fish of the year?

Last fish of the year?

By Troutnut on October 10th, 2013
I bought a new raft this week (more on that in an upcoming post) and took a couple free hours to test it out in a local pond. Caught one little stocked grayling that revealed itself by rising to one of the very sporadic Callibaetis duns emerging just days before the pond freezes for the next 7 months. Winter is coming.

Photos by Troutnut from Miscellaneous Alaska in Alaska

Even stocker grayling are pretty. I planned to keep this one for dinner if it was the first of many, but the others weren't biting and the stringer hadn't done any permanent damage, so I released it unharmed. From Bathing Beauty Pond in Alaska.
Even stocker grayling are pretty. I planned to keep this one for dinner if it was the first of many, but the others weren't biting and the stringer hadn't done any permanent damage, so I released it unharmed.
StateAlaska
Date TakenOct 10, 2013
Date AddedOct 13, 2013
AuthorTroutnut
CameraCanon PowerShot D10
New packraft. My new PR-49 packraft getting ready for its first test in a local pond. From Bathing Beauty Pond in Alaska.
New packraft. My new PR-49 packraft getting ready for its first test in a local pond.
StateAlaska
Date TakenOct 10, 2013
Date AddedOct 13, 2013
AuthorTroutnut
CameraCanon PowerShot D10

Comments / replies

SayfuOctober 14th, 2013, 1:23 pm
Posts: 560You need to have an imaginative mind like I have. I catch my limit last stool at the happy hr. bar all the time, and my season never ends. We just had a nearby lake stocked with grayling recently. Good pics, and nice boat.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.