Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Fly Fishing the Famous Rock Creek Outside Missoula, Montana!!!

JesseJanuary 19th, 2013, 7:03 pm
Okay ladies and gentle fly fishers of men. Before i even start i want to mention that i got the okay from Jason to advertise for this post. So..nobody get to questioning the legality here okay ;)

This summer, during the first weekend of August (2nd - 5th), i will be hosting a 12 person trip to the famous and gorgeous Rock Creek right outside Missoula, Montana. It will be two full days of fly fishing on the 3rd and 4th, with the 2nd and 5th open for the convenience of people's flight arrangements. However, if one plans properly, they could easily get an extra few hours of fishing in (highly recommended).

We will be staying at Rock Creek Cabins, which is a chain of three cabins tucked away roughly eight miles into the valley, and boy let me tell you its spectacular there. The cabins range from small to medium sized with the smallest one holding 3-4 people and the largest one holding 6-7 people. I already have the cabins rented for the weekend, so i will be there whether there is 12 people or only 2. But basically, what i am doing with these trips is providing anglers the opportunity to get together and fish in God's country, without worrying about anything other than fishing. No wives, kids, work, hassles - nothing but fishing.

I won't be guiding (hence; im looking for somewhat experienced anglers), but i will be doing everything else. From the moment you arrive at the airport you will be shuttled to the cabins (or river if preferred), and totally taken care of. We will be providing breakfast before everyone gets on the water, lunches will be carried to you so you can enjoy eating right on the bank, and when you get home dinner will be served. Beverages of course will be served as well. And when i say beverages we will have everything to suite everyone's needs. From Missoula's finest local brews to whiskey and coffee and milk and juice and water. I did say Missoula's finest local brews though! Also, flies will be provided for everyone to guarantee success. Having the experience there flies will be tied to fit the current hatches, along with an assortment of others. Also, your more than allowed to bring you own flies because if your anything like me, there is nothing better than opening your box, picking a winner, and catching wild trout on it. Leaders will also be provided, along with some back up tippets.

The only thing your expected to bring is your own fly rod, reel, and waders. I will have extras in case any accidents occur and they are needed, but your own gear should be brought. If you don't have the proper stuff just let me know and we will be able to work something out.

With that said, the only expenses one has to worry about are the trip fee and flight arrangements. The trip itself costs 1,000$. Having flown in and out of Missoula so many times, it can be very expensive due to the fact that it's a small, isolated airport. However, i have never paid more than 500$ for a two way flight. As you all probably know, the key to a cheap ticket is to keep checking the airline fees. So those are your expenses.

Now, why should you consider this trip? Well who doesn't need a long weekend get away to one of the countries finest trout streams with a bunch of other anglers? Thats the real question. And to help entice everyone a little bit, i have just posted a new promotional picture slideshow for the trip. If you go to filingoflyfishing.com and click the "recent trips" category at the top of the page, it is the first slideshow and it's titled "rock creek fly fishing throughout the seasons." Heres a link to make it easier: http://www.filingoflyfishing.com/recent-trips
All of the pictures seen in the slide show are taken directly from Rock Creek or the valley surrounding it. All, also, were taken in a 2-3 mile radius of the cabins. The mountain shots were even taken on the cliffs surrounding the back of the cabins.

Even though it's early i want everyone to be aware so you can go ahead and get it marked on your calender. Now i already have roughly 8 people for the trip, give or take a couple that are hanging on the fence. So i don't think it will take that much more time to be filled. Please, consider it. Sit on it for a while and ponder the possibility of catching up to six different species of wild fish in one small stream. Fish that can carry some serious girth too.. If you have any questions or concerns, feel more than free to send me a private message. Whether its cost concerns or just more information. Don't hesitate to send me a message.

Thank you all for checking out this great offer, and i look forward to hearing back from you!

Most of us fish our whole lives..not knowing its not the fish that we are after.
http://www.filingoflyfishing.com
WbranchJanuary 19th, 2013, 10:24 pm
York & Starlight PA

Beautiful slide show! Some really large rainbows and browns. It sounds like a great deal. If I wasn't already going to MT for 11 days I'd surely consider the trip. I'd love to be in that little A Frame right now. It looks really cozy.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
OldredbarnJanuary 20th, 2013, 11:04 am
Novi, MI

Nice "picture show" there Jess!

When I was driving my niece around looking at colleges for next year none of the schools had something that nice in the back yard. :) You were very lucky sir.

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
JesseJanuary 22nd, 2013, 11:14 am
Oh Spence i was luckier than most would ever dream of being. But that luck only came from drive, with a touch of persistence. Anyone could do that stuff. I just thank fly fishing ;)

And the thanks for the slide show complements on the slide show. Pass the word around to anyone who you think might be interested. Tell them to check out the site and get in touch with me.

Jesse
Most of us fish our whole lives..not knowing its not the fish that we are after.
http://www.filingoflyfishing.com

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.