Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Questions about B&H Trout Fishing, Wisconsin Dells

StarryJune 14th, 2012, 8:15 pm
Minneapolis

Ok, I realize the chances are slim that serious trout fishers like those on this site have actually been to this place, but I'm just wondering if anyone or your family members have been to B&H Trout Fishing in the Wisconsin Dells.

We're planning a family get-together this coming weekend, and I'm having a hard time telling if this is actually a decent place or if it's a scam with really lousy fishing.

Any advice? Again, I understand that this isn't exactly a supreme trout fly-fishing kind of experience, but we're talking 3 & 5 year olds going fishing. I just want to make sure it's not gross and a complete money scam where you have to pay for every little fish you catch at ridiculous prices.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
MinnesotaJune 15th, 2012, 12:50 am
Caledonia MN/LaCrosse WI

I've never been to B&H but i've been to the Dells. I live in LaCrosse. Pretty much everything there is a rip-off. They get you into the event, then screw you on the food and the extras. The hotels are a rip too. Its a neat place to see, and lots to do, its gonna cost you alot though. When the kids are old enough to swim. The waterparks there are the worlds best. My kids are 3 and 6, they wouldn't apprciate it. Theres tons of places to fish for free. Jellystone campground is a place to checkout too. I guess most young kids dont even know who fred flintstone is, but its a kids focoused campground. I'm sure theres a website. Its in Warrens WI. Cranberry capital of WI and proboly the world.

Jason
Jason Moe
GutcutterJune 15th, 2012, 10:14 pm
Pennsylvania

Jellystone campground is a place to checkout too. I guess most young kids dont even know who fred flintstone is
Jason

I'll bet they know who Fred, Wilma, Pebbles, Barney, Betty and BamBam are, but they probably don't know about Yogi, Cindy Bear, BooBoo, and Ranger Smith

:)
All men who fish may in turn be divided into two parts: those who fish for trout and those who don't. Trout fishermen are a race apart: they are a dedicated crew- indolent, improvident, and quietly mad.

-Robert Traver, Trout Madness
RedspeedJune 18th, 2012, 9:32 am
Posts: 1I've been there a couple of time with my kids years ago. It's $4 a person to get in, but if you look around, you can find coupons. There is a 2 for 1 on their site.

http://www.bhtroutfarm.com/

You pay by the inch and they have different size trout in different ponds. You can call ahead to figure out the price per inch and plan accordingly. They supply the fishing equipment, bait and fish. They clean and bag it with ice for $5.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.