Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > ID these two? (be cautious)

PaulRobertsApril 27th, 2012, 2:44 pm
Colorado

Apologies for the pic quality. They were digitized from 35mm transparencies.

EntomanApril 27th, 2012, 3:19 pm
Northern CA & ID

Hi Paul,

I'm assuming these are from your NY days and small? Besides being an immature perlid & an immature heptageniid, I can't tell any more from the photos. What do you think they are?
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
PaulRobertsApril 27th, 2012, 5:49 pm
Colorado

Not biting, eh? I'd like to wait (or bait) on Creno and Konchu. However I'll spare everyone the one-sided glee (mine) in knowing that they are from China. I caught them there in a little mountain stream that also contained freshwater crabs that look just like saltwater crabs! Very weird.

What's cool is the similarity to the critters we know here, a clue as to the stunning age of these lineages, and the geologic forces that eventually separated them.
EntomanApril 27th, 2012, 8:22 pm
Northern CA & ID

Ha! Very good... I figured you were up to something with those little spikes off the back of the stonefly legs.:)
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
CrenoApril 27th, 2012, 11:17 pm
Grants Pass, OR

I know nothin about stonies and mayflies - other than they are just another part of the fish food

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.