Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Sharing Montana

Jesse has attached these 11 pictures. The message is below.
View Full SizeView Full Size (4.5X larger)
SKWALA TIME!
SKWALA TIME!
This big female just broke the scale at mere cm's below 25 inches, the largest brown of the semester so far...so far ;)
This big female just broke the scale at mere cm's below 25 inches, the largest brown of the semester so far...so far ;)
Ole girl underwater, free..
Ole girl underwater, free..
Rock Creek battling the elements!
Rock Creek battling the elements!
My main man came up to Montana for his spring break so i had to get him on some fish.
My main man came up to Montana for his spring break so i had to get him on some fish.
But i also had to get on some fish that day.  This guy was close 25' also.
But i also had to get on some fish that day. This guy was close 25' also.
Spring is coming.
Spring is coming.
Skwala rock climbing.
Skwala rock climbing.
Great pool on a small spring creek.  Caught two fish from in front of this log.  Both were hours apart because each one managed to wrap itself up so i had to go in and stir up the pod..
Great pool on a small spring creek. Caught two fish from in front of this log. Both were hours apart because each one managed to wrap itself up so i had to go in and stir up the pod..
Rainbows of the spring, damn breath taking!
Rainbows of the spring, damn breath taking!
Wonder where he ended up..?
Wonder where he ended up..?
JesseApril 15th, 2012, 9:29 pm
Here are just a few pictures ive taken over the last couple of weeks. Due to high water here the fishing has been tough, but none the less im still managing to find a few; some trophies even. I hope you guys enjoy these pictures as much as i do, for my time in the west is running short. Tight lines my friends.
Most of us fish our whole lives..not knowing its not the fish that we are after.
http://www.filingoflyfishing.com
PaulRobertsApril 15th, 2012, 10:16 pm
Colorado

Wonderful images. Great life, ain't it?!

Hey, I think your girl...is a boy.
EntomanApril 15th, 2012, 11:33 pm
Northern CA & ID

Great photo's, Jess!
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
Feathers5April 16th, 2012, 8:31 am
OldredbarnApril 16th, 2012, 9:47 am
Novi, MI

Jess,

I'm in Florida, just north of Tampa, at a folding card table drinking my morning tea. Here for close of my late mother-in-law's condo. We sold out all the furniture yesterday. They left us with only a mattress and box springs on the floor. :)

Just had a wood stork fly over...a "life bird" for me.

It was a nice relief to view your pics this morning! Helped a bit to lighten up this somber day for me.

I must say that I doubt I'll ever get used to typing on my new iPhone. :) I understand the need for the shorthand the more adept use. LOL!

Thanks again Jess!

Spence

"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
JesseApril 16th, 2012, 10:50 am
Your absolutely welcome Spence, and keep the head towards the sun and the back towards the breeze. I think it goes without question that you deserve a thanks from anybody that has ever visited this site. My best dear friend.
Most of us fish our whole lives..not knowing its not the fish that we are after.
PaulRobertsApril 16th, 2012, 12:44 pm
Colorado

Spence, that is some epic typing for a smart phone. I tend to produce short unintelligible strings of letters thumb typing on my BB. You get the Tolstoy award back.
Jmd123April 16th, 2012, 3:16 pm
Oscoda, MI

So Spence, any fly-fishing in that area?

Fabulous photos, Jesse! Some of those fish (not the first one!) look a little lean from winter - how did they fight? Again, well done.

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
ShantiApril 16th, 2012, 3:31 pm
Sweden

Great photos, Jesse!

Montana, cant wait. Wish it was september!
Baetis are beginning to show up around my rivers here, sun is warming things up.
Somewhere, right now, a fish is rising.
And you´re at the computer..
JesseApril 17th, 2012, 7:54 pm
The second fish (the big brown where i have my hood on) was not only a post spawn, but he was oooold and battle scarred. His age definitely showed in the fight. The first big girl was an epic battle. She broke me off the week before due to the 'end of day' sloppiness. But when she hit, just freaking surged like you couldn't believe. Headed straight for the undercut leaving me with the decision to tension up and snap her off, or have her snap me off in the bank. I chose to keep the tension coming and right as i thought she was about to break me, her head turned slightly toward me. It was great. But yes, a lot of the fish right now are recovering and getting amped back up from the spawn. With all the bug activity now though, it's not taking to long ha.

Joakim - thats good to hear brother bugs are always a good thing. Tight lines to you brother!
Jmd123April 18th, 2012, 1:07 pm
Oscoda, MI

We have had a few bugs showing up around here too. On my recent trips to the Rifle I have seen some kind of smaller brown stonefly (a size 12-14 for imitation with an Elkhair Caddis) and a few random mayflies, most of which looked like Red Quills to me. Last Friday some fish were rising to them as well, and I missed three hits on the dry fly I described above.

Looks like you have plenty of bugs out your way, Jesse. I bet that big girl gave you a tussle! I do most of my fishing these days with a 7.5' 3-weight, which makes just about everything fight hard!

Jonathon

P.S. I like the photo of the little pool under the logs - my kind of waters, perfect for the 3-weight!
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.