Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Fishing videos, Page 2

EntomanDecember 13th, 2011, 5:37 pm
Northern CA & ID

Just wondering why my fingers glow in the dark? ;)

It's caused by enough heat build-up to glow infra-red. Knowing you, probably from copious quantities of speedy keystrokes on your computer keyboard...

Just a guess of course... :)

BTW - if you want the right stuff, you have to go to your local electrical supply store or go online and shop for transformer wire aka magnetic winding wire or simply magnet wire. The stuff sold in fly shops is way too bright. 15 bucks or so should get you a lifetime supply (3000 ft. or so of 36 ga.)
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
OldredbarnDecember 13th, 2011, 10:21 pm
Novi, MI

Just a guess of course... :)

Oh...I was thinking that maybe the Molson brewery that ships to Detroit may be too close to a leaky nuclear power plant...:)

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
EntomanDecember 14th, 2011, 2:08 pm
Northern CA & ID

Perhaps you are swilling isotope... The important thing is it doesn't effect the taste of that golden elixir. :)
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
KeystonerDecember 15th, 2011, 6:11 am
Eugene, OR - formerly Eastern PA

Couldn't be worse than the beer in it's "natural" form.

In the spirit of the OP...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO97EE6Ldi8
"Out into the cool of the evening, strolls the Pretender. He knows that all his hopes and dreams, begin and end there." -JB
EntomanDecember 15th, 2011, 3:00 pm
Northern CA & ID

Ha! Was that a slam against Molsen or beer in general, Matt? What's next, a derogatory comment about the Red Wings? Vegetarian or not, Spence will hunt you down come Spring...:)

BTW - Nice video. This and the last one you posted show why I'm pretty happy to live where I do.
OldredbarnDecember 15th, 2011, 3:30 pm
Novi, MI

Matt & Kurt,

You two are going to have to PM me about that river...I've seen it enough in magazines and books etc to almost be familiar with a place I've never been.

I have Charles Jardines book on fly fishing and I'd swear it's even in his book and he's from England!

I'm going to have to sneak out there sometime...It may have to be via some back road or such, but it sounds interesting...I've told you Kurt about my old client on the Little Applegate...Hmmm?

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
KeystonerDecember 15th, 2011, 8:26 pm
Eugene, OR - formerly Eastern PA

Oh, just taking advantage of a golden opportunity. I myself drink Pabst/Schlitz 90% of the time, so I really have no room to talk. And no, there will be not be any Red Wings comments, unless of course, they're playing the Sabres!!

As I've said before, it's videos like the two I've posted here that finally wore me down to the point where I just HAD to drag myself out here. So far, I'm satisfied.

Spence, haven't yet had the opportunity to check out the Deschutes first hand, but I plan to. Right now, the Rogue is first on my list of water to explore when the opportunity arrises. Also, based on a previous post of yours, I thought you would be here by now. I'm kind of anxious, as my Troutmobile is on the rocks, and I was counting on you for a ride to the river!!!
"Out into the cool of the evening, strolls the Pretender. He knows that all his hopes and dreams, begin and end there." -JB
CzoomDecember 16th, 2011, 3:58 pm
Awesome videos. Thanks for posting.
Page:12

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.