Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Happy Thanksgiving

GooseNovember 21st, 2006, 5:01 am
Posts: 77Happy Thanksgiving to all, and to all who hunt, good luck chasin' bucks.
MartinlfNovember 21st, 2006, 6:18 am
Palmyra PA

I'll second Goose's wishes. When I look around the world, I am very thankful to have landed in the good old USA's Northeast. Those poor blokes in England can hardly find a place to fish; in Germany they have to take a test to fish; and in Iraq I'd guess all the trout are on dinner plates, if at all. Any of you PA posters know a good place to midge near Johnstown? I'll be chowing down there, and my brother-in-law and I usually wet a line spring, summer, and fall. I want to get him to try the little flies this time around.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
JADNovember 21st, 2006, 6:50 am
Alexandria Pa

Thanks guys, I'll be the third to give thanks this holiday season. I wish you all health and contempment this season and next.The first day of buck will find me in Erie fishing for chromies. Like I told Gonzo (I truly enjoy your posts and am glad you are willing to share your knowledge with Us) And that goes for most on the forum. A special thanks to Jason for setting the forum up, A grand job you have done.

Warm Regards
JaD

They fasten red (crimson red) wool around a hook, and fix onto the wool two feathers which grow under a cock’s wattles, and which in colour are like wax.
Radcliffe's Fishing from the Earliest Times,
GONZONovember 21st, 2006, 12:28 pm
Site Editor
"Bear Swamp," PA

My thanks to all for the interesting chatter and good fellowship. Jason--thanks for creating this asylum, where our fly-fishing obsession is regarded as sane and normal behavior! Happy Thanksgiving!
TroutnutNovember 21st, 2006, 1:59 pm
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you too!

I'm thankful for all of you who've been posting here. It's hard to get a new forum off the ground on an Internet where most people already have a "home" forum and the others. You, the first wave of regulars, have made a lot of very unusually high quality posts, and I think that has helped attract a lot of the new signups.

I hope you'll all continue to pass time here during the "tying months" and we'll have an even more exciting level of discussion when trout season comes arond again.
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
Troutnut and salmonid ecologist

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.