or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Wild Trout in the Backcountry

Report at a Glance

General RegionCentral Utah
Fish CaughtRainbow and Cutthroat Trout

Details and Discussion

BigTroutOctober 27th, 2011, 3:43 am
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site and I am liking it so far! So I hope these pictures work out.. It's great to share your passion of fishing with others. This past August I fished a clear cold water stream that I always enjoy going to. Beautiful country and alot of fun to fish! I didn't catch anything big but it's really fun to see how aggressive these smaller trout can get.

The great charm about fly fishing is that we are always learning; no matter how long we have been at it, we are constantly making some new wrinkle. - Theodore Gordon
MotroutOctober 27th, 2011, 9:58 am
Welcome and those are some truly wonderful pictures. I live to fish little streams like that for wild trout. Well done!
"I don't know what fly fishing teaches us, but I think it's something we need to know."-John Gierach
http://fishingintheozarks.blogspot.com/
OldredbarnOctober 27th, 2011, 11:01 am
Novi, MI

Nice spot you have found there! Thanks for sharing.

Welcome, by-the-way!

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
GooseOctober 27th, 2011, 12:04 pm
Posts: 77Really nice photos. Thanks for joining and sharing.
AdirmanOctober 27th, 2011, 4:56 pm
Monticello, NY

Beautiful fish and welcome!! What state were those pics taken in?
TroutnutOctober 27th, 2011, 5:28 pm
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

Welcome to the site and thanks for posting such great pictures!
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
Troutnut and salmonid ecologist
Jmd123October 27th, 2011, 8:57 pm
Oscoda, MI

BT, welcome to the site and nice photos!! It's not the size of the fish that counts, much as the magazines would have us believe with their constant trophy photos on their front covers. To be honest, I think that those fish are much more occasional than even the so-called "experts" would like to admit, and that they catch plenty of dinkers and mid-sized fish and save their photos only for their very biggest catches. I have recently moved back to proper trout country (northern lower Michigan) and I prefer to spend my time chasing brook trout, which never get all that big but are plentiful, eager, and oh-so-beautiful! Not to mention the places that they live, like in your photos above. It isn't the size that counts so much as the fun you have catching them! And some of those rainbows look like a few that I have plucked from the little streams in my neck of the woods too...again, welcome and thanks for the pics!

Jonathon

P.S. I am also known for posting photos of, how shall I say, other-than-trout fish caught on flies, so don't hesitate if you do some warmwater fly fishing too. As they say, it's all good!
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
BigTroutOctober 28th, 2011, 12:47 am
Thanks for the comments everyone! Adirman, These pics and fish were caught in Central Utah.
The great charm about fly fishing is that we are always learning; no matter how long we have been at it, we are constantly making some new wrinkle. - Theodore Gordon
JesseOctober 28th, 2011, 1:40 am
Nice shit my man!
Most of us fish our whole lives..not knowing its not the fish that we are after.
http://www.filingoflyfishing.com

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.