Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Several Surprises And Superman Guest Stars {spam}

LemotryOctober 11th, 2011, 12:48 am
Banned
Outside of the first few episodes and their freak of the week plot lines that seem held over from seasons one and two the majority of season seven is one long, continuous story that keeps upping the ante and ties a lot of all the seasons of Smallville together. Everything from the Indian caves to even why Lionel Luthor (John Glover) brought that particular castle brick by brick back from Scotland.

There are plenty of CW gimmicks to get through though. The sappy love ballads that populate the end of practically every episode and the occasional guest star like Christina Milian who is there for no other reason but sell her latest album and “stretch” as a performer.

This season did pack several surprises and Superman guest stars. The stories that featured Clark’s biological mother, Lara-El (Helen Slater), opened a lot sores for Clark and her entering the mythos of Smallville was much appreciated and long over due. Helen Slater who once played Supergirl joins Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder in adding yet another character and cameo from Superman’s long history with television and the movies. Marc McClure (Superman: the Movie’s Jimmy Olson) also appears on Smallville along with Lois and Clark’s Dean Cain. This stunt casting could be seen as obtrusive to the story at hand but on Smallville it works, as it always has.

(spam links were here)
GooseOctober 11th, 2011, 8:59 am

Outside of the first few episodes and their freak of the week plot lines that seem held over from seasons one and two the majority of season seven is one long, continuous story that keeps upping the ante and ties a lot of all the seasons of Smallville together. Everything from the Indian caves to even why Lionel Luthor (John Glover) brought that particular castle brick by brick back from Scotland.

There are plenty of CW gimmicks to get through though. The sappy love ballads that populate the end of practically every episode and the occasional guest star like Christina Milian who is there for no other reason but sell her latest album and “stretch” as a performer.

This season did pack several surprises and Superman guest stars. The stories that featured Clark’s biological mother, Lara-El (Helen Slater), opened a lot sores for Clark and her entering the mythos of Smallville was much appreciated and long over due. Helen Slater who once played Supergirl joins Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder in adding yet another character and cameo from Superman’s long history with television and the movies. Marc McClure (Superman: the Movie’s Jimmy Olson) also appears on Smallville along with Lois and Clark’s Dean Cain. This stunt casting could be seen as obtrusive to the story at hand but on Smallville it works, as it always has.

(spam links were here)

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?
OldredbarnOctober 11th, 2011, 9:48 am
Novi, MI

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

Not too sure Goose, but somebody's got a wrong number...There are 4 other posts from this guy and not a one mentions anything about aquatic insects...:)

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
TroutnutOctober 11th, 2011, 1:17 pm
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

Sorry guys, I was a bit slow on the draw with my ban stick on this one.
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
Troutnut and salmonid ecologist
OldredbarnOctober 12th, 2011, 11:56 am
Novi, MI

Sorry guys, I was a bit slow on the draw with my ban stick on this one.

Jason,

If we can't get that quack oldredbarn to settle down you may have to whack him with your banning stick!!! I just saw him last week sitting on his front porch with his grandfather's 12-gauge shooting holes in to passing Toyota's...;) He was using old double-ought...Ouch!

"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.