Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Today's picture on the top of the screen - BRRRRRR!!!!, Page 2

Jmd123September 27th, 2011, 11:46 am
Oscoda, MI

Well, I notice that the photos on top of the page have now changed to proper autumn colors. MUCH better than the snow or ice - that time will be here soon enough...

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
OldredbarnSeptember 27th, 2011, 12:17 pm
Novi, MI

Thinking again about Jason's algorithm...Does anyone remember Woody Allen's movie, "Sleeper"? If you don't its about a guy who goes in for a simple procedure in 1970 or so and ends up frozen and de-thawed 200 years in the future. They have, in the future, little closets that are called "orgasmatrons" and couples join each other there and love making is no longer a touchy-feely kind of thing...At one point Woody's character is on the run from the government and Diane Keaton is with him. They are hiding out in some home somewhere and Diane motions towards the orgasmatron as if to ask if he's interested...His response is, "In there...No...I've always been a manual operator." Just saying...

:)

"Sleeper" was probably the last of Woody's really funny movies unless you were really in to Russian Lit & History, then "Love & Death" would of been the last funny one...

"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
Jmd123September 27th, 2011, 12:25 pm
Oscoda, MI

How about the scene where he goes into the Orgasmatron by himself to hide from being captured? The thing turns on, lights flashing and all, and then when the bad guys come and pull him out of there his hair is all singed and smoking, and he has a big stupid smile on his face...

Jonathon

P.S. If I remember correctly, they also found a Volkswagon Beetle and the danged thing started right up after 200 years...
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
OldredbarnSeptember 27th, 2011, 1:46 pm
Novi, MI

P.S. If I remember correctly, they also found a Volkswagon Beetle and the danged thing started right up after 200 years...

German engineering...:)

I’m what you would call a teleological, existential atheist. I believe that there’s an intelligence to the universe, with the exception of certain parts of New Jersey.” Woody Allen (Sleeper).

That is my favorite...

Or the Diane Keaton character was a bit of an air-head (go figure) and she wrote poetry etc and nearly blew one of her own fuses when she discovered that "God spelled backwards was dog."

I forgot...He ran a health food store and was a veg-o only to discover that everything we thought was bad for us in the 70's turned out to be good for us...Smoking, chocolate, etc...But I think this was marketing propaganda from the government.

"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
Jmd123September 27th, 2011, 9:29 pm
Oscoda, MI

Woody Allen a tool of capitalist propaganda?? Say it isn't so!!!

Jonathon
Page:12

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.