Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Finally! The long wait! Canada in August!

Pryal74January 24th, 2011, 8:22 am
Escanaba, MI

I am having a hard time waiting. I talked to a friend of mine from Newfoundland Island and set up a tentative plan for my trip. I will be heading up there sometime in early August. I will be targeting big Brook Trout, Atlantic Salmon, and maybe some Arctic Char and who knows, maybe even a few lakers etc.

I am going with my good friend and MMA training partner. It will be quite the drive during this time of year, but very scenic and worth the trip. It's going to cost me a bit but I could care less. I will be fishing the fabled Torrent River and many others. I will try and video document our journey and adventures. I will also be taking photos of everything I can.

I thought I was just having a hard time waiting for Michigan's Trout season opener. This is over 6 months away and already I find myself having fly fishing dreams.
-James Pryal
Into The Wild Fly Fishing
OldredbarnJanuary 25th, 2011, 11:12 am
Novi, MI

Jim,

Last spring I saw some video at our local Fly Fishing Expo. Joe Humphreys was the speaker and it was of a trip he had taken up that way...I know I shouldn't do this to you, considering what you just said about being excited, but it was incredible...He was pulling a mouse imitation across a lake and it was getting absolutely hammered by monster Brooks...

Now you won't be able to sleep...Sorry! :)

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
Pryal74January 29th, 2011, 10:30 pm
Escanaba, MI

Spence,

I know! Love those videos. I'm trying to find the Sportfishing Canada episode where Italo catches these absolute monsters one by one. I'll be out on the Island of Newfoundland. Port Saunders. It's gonna be terrific. I'm obsessing about it and it's still 6 months away. I have so many dvds of fly fishing for the fly shop. I keep watching them and man it only makes it worse!! Thanks for the comment though. I all I want is one monster Brook Trout before I die. The next wish is Shakira. Haha!
-James Pryal
Into The Wild Fly Fishing

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.