Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Is anyone here from Colorado, Page 2

EntomanOctober 25th, 2012, 5:53 am
Northern CA & ID

Won't hear any complaints from me!:)
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
Jmd123October 26th, 2012, 1:08 pm
Oscoda, MI

NOT happy about it, boys...where's my Tigres???

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
EntomanOctober 27th, 2012, 2:22 am
Northern CA & ID

Jon -

Where's the tiger? Underneath and in front of a panda bear with a painful and unhappy look on it's face, if you catch my drift... :):)LOL
Ah, my ribs hurt...
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
OldredbarnOctober 27th, 2012, 11:37 am
Novi, MI

Hey smarty pants En-to-man...The true dining starts this even...:)

High today mid-40's...Let's hope the Latins don't freeze to death...;) Just might touch the high 30's by games end.

"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
EntomanOctober 27th, 2012, 3:08 pm
Northern CA & ID

Yeah, there's a lot of baseball left to play...
GutcutterOctober 27th, 2012, 7:35 pm
Pennsylvania

...there's a lot of baseball left to play...

Uh, like maybe two games?

I have to admit, this one is tough for me.
I love Prince (the first baseman, not the pop star). Who in modern baseball has protected the MVP in two consecutive seasons on different teams (and opposite leagues)?
But, I love Hunter, too. Have done so since his Houston days. The rumor around here was that he waved his "no trade" to go only to Pittsburgh or SanFrancisco - Philly wanted too much, so we got a BlueJay instead. Also, The Freak and the former Bucco - Vogey. And there is something to say about watching a chubby Panda jog around the bases with his shirt untucked...
I guess it means that I'm rooting for the guys that dumped our two Central Division rivals.
Go Giants
Sorry Spence
All men who fish may in turn be divided into two parts: those who fish for trout and those who don't. Trout fishermen are a race apart: they are a dedicated crew- indolent, improvident, and quietly mad.

-Robert Traver, Trout Madness
OldredbarnOctober 28th, 2012, 12:07 am
Novi, MI

Sorry Spence

You and me both brother...After tonights game...I'm leaving town...Heading to the UP...It's where us Michiganders go to flee "the Silence of the Bats"...

BTW...Love the new photo there...He looks intense...Does he want to pinch hit for the Tigers tomorrow night? ...Notice the lack of smiley face here? I'm not kidding.

Can't say that the pitching has gone south...No support for the pitching effort.

Kurt...I must tip my cap to the Giants...They seem relaxed, having fun, and playing some good baseball.

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
Jmd123October 28th, 2012, 3:23 am
Oscoda, MI

All I can hear is a sort of, well...aaaagghghhhhg (choking sound)...

Good thing I shot a couple of firearms today. Took the tension out of missing warm weather, trout season, AND watching the home team lose. If I could just get my danged kayak out for a day of fly fishing, without wind or rain, I might just make it through to ice fishing with my sanity left...after all, NO HOCKEY...

Oh yeah, what were we talking about, Colorado? Never fished there...drove through it a couple of times on my way to Oregon though!

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
Jmd123October 28th, 2012, 3:26 am
Oscoda, MI

BTW Kurt, a panda bear? I miss the symbolism, and thanks for the mental imagery, now I don't remember what I was like before I read your post, I've lost my innocence...

Jonathon
EntomanOctober 28th, 2012, 4:11 am
Northern CA & ID

...a panda bear? I miss the symbolism...

Pablo Sandoval (the guy who hit 3 home-runs the other night) was given the nick-name "Kung-fu Panda" by Giant pitcher Barry Zito after a particularly graceful slide at home plate. For such a big man, he often makes amazingly agile moves when making plays. It got picked up by the press and stuck with the fans, who usually refer to him simply as "the Panda." Now you know more about the Giants than those annoying FOX announcers...:)

Oh yeah, what were we talking about, Colorado?

Don't think so. There may have been a couple of posts from more than 6 years ago that did, sort of...:)
EntomanOctober 29th, 2012, 12:55 am
Northern CA & ID

Well... I can now happily put my broom away and get back to fishing... You're no longer an enemy, Spence. Back to being a good friend - not that winning or losing would have made a difference!:) Since this thread has long since left the purpose of Troutnut, what the heck is professional hockey up to besides self-destruction (Spence & Tony)?
Jmd123October 29th, 2012, 10:40 am
Oscoda, MI

Kurt, many of the hockey players went to Europe to play in the Continental Hockey League (KHL), primarily to keep in shape and keep their sklills up while they can't play here in the States. And, I'm sure boredom killing is part of the reason too...me, I'm thinking about ice fishing...

Jonathon
GutcutterOctober 29th, 2012, 9:12 pm
Pennsylvania

...what the heck is professional hockey up to besides self-destruction (Spence & Tony)?

Kurt-
It is a matter of greed and greedier. You can put management or rank & file as either one.

Me? Sure I miss it, but I'm enjoying watching my sons play and taking large quantities of indomethacin to treat my knees each time I skate with them.

Bruce/Goose/Lastchance/Feathers5 and I may take my boys and head to Johnstown to see the new NAHL team - The Tomahawks. It won't be like watching a Johnstown Jets (or Charlestown Chiefs) game at the War Memorial, but it will still be fun...
-Tony
All men who fish may in turn be divided into two parts: those who fish for trout and those who don't. Trout fishermen are a race apart: they are a dedicated crew- indolent, improvident, and quietly mad.

-Robert Traver, Trout Madness
OldredbarnNovember 2nd, 2012, 1:20 pm
Novi, MI

Bruce/Goose/Lastchance/Feathers5 and I may take my boys and head to Johnstown to see the new NAHL team - The Tomahawks. It won't be like watching a Johnstown Jets (or Charlestown Chiefs) game at the War Memorial, but it will still be fun...
-Tony

I'm back in a Junior A rink myself Tony...Good to see boys skating before dollars & cents get in the way anyway...Just testosterone and pride. :)

Spence

Page:12

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.