Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > photos from tricos and bamboo

Gutcutter has attached these 6 pictures. The message is below.
View Full SizeView Full Size (2.2X larger)
which fly do i need?
which fly do i need?
View Full SizeView Full Size (2.7X larger)
so many to choose from
so many to choose from
View Full SizeView Full Size (1.6X larger)
do i pick a male or female?
do i pick a male or female?
View Full SizeView Full Size (2.8X larger)
ok that is a fish caught on my last cast.  i'm done.  gotta be home at eleven and it's already noon
ok that is a fish caught on my last cast. i'm done. gotta be home at eleven and it's already noon
View Full SizeView Full Size (2.6X larger)
o.k. that one was still rising so i had to catch one on my last cast with bamboo - hell it's only 12:30.  she'll understand.
o.k. that one was still rising so i had to catch one on my last cast with bamboo - hell it's only 12:30. she'll understand.
View Full SizeView Full Size (3.5X larger)
allright shawn. what the hell is the difference between 12:30 and 1:30 anyways?  she'll understand.  right? and that one was still rising so i just had to get one on a tiny olive...
allright shawn. what the hell is the difference between 12:30 and 1:30 anyways? she'll understand. right? and that one was still rising so i just had to get one on a tiny olive...
GutcutterAugust 21st, 2010, 7:42 pm
Pennsylvania

i told you that bruce was a lousy photographer!
All men who fish may in turn be divided into two parts: those who fish for trout and those who don't. Trout fishermen are a race apart: they are a dedicated crew- indolent, improvident, and quietly mad.

-Robert Traver, Trout Madness
Shawnny3August 21st, 2010, 8:15 pm
Pleasant Gap, PA

Nice story, Tony. At least the first few pics (yours, I presume) were good. Come to think of it, what exactly did Bruce do other than take those lousy photos? About as much as I did, I guess. Do you count a little heckling from the sidelines as participation?

One last question, and then I'm done: Where's the pic of the one that was still rising when we left? That's the one I really wanted to see.

-Shawn
Jewelry-Quality Artistic Salmon Flies, by Shawn Davis
www.davisflydesigns.com
OldredbarnAugust 21st, 2010, 8:32 pm
Novi, MI

Tony,

That's a nice, neat, box of bugs there...It looks like anyone of them will work. I like the photo of the egg layer. That camera can take some nice close ups!

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
GutcutterAugust 21st, 2010, 8:48 pm
Pennsylvania

shawn
why do you think i didn't cast to her? i try to end each outing with a fish on my last cast. i won't say that she is impossible to catch from that spot, but...you know that if i post a picture of that giant rainbow that we stared at for some 20 minutes and from where it was rising - that slow eddie adjacent to the faster current seam it would drive me (and you) nuts. or is that troutnuts?
let me know if you get her.
i've become haunted by that fish and with thoughts such as: what position to cast at her from and how to keep the fly from dragging long enough for her to eat it. and you know she will eat. she is in a spot so challenging that anything that goes in there and doesn't drag will be eaten.
when i get back there in a few weeks we'll attack her together
tony
All men who fish may in turn be divided into two parts: those who fish for trout and those who don't. Trout fishermen are a race apart: they are a dedicated crew- indolent, improvident, and quietly mad.

-Robert Traver, Trout Madness
LastchanceAugust 22nd, 2010, 6:50 am
Portage, PA

Shawnny & Gutcutter: I'm beginning to get a bit pissed. Shawnny, I stopped fishing when you came to be polite and discuss the topics of the day with you. Tony, As far as my photography goes it's hard to take pictures of fish that are flopping around in the subjects hands. Those fish were overpowering a man--hard to believe. I will NOT stop fishing anymore to be social. I will NOT stop fishing to take photos of a fish unless it's my own. I...will fish to the risers next time.
Bruce
Shawnny3August 22nd, 2010, 9:57 am
Pleasant Gap, PA

But you have to admit, Bruce - it was fun to sit in the cheap seats and watch the fish taunt Tony.

-Shawn
Jewelry-Quality Artistic Salmon Flies, by Shawn Davis
www.davisflydesigns.com
LastchanceAugust 22nd, 2010, 2:11 pm
Portage, PA

yep! i had fun.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.