Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > New here!

DwiltshireAugust 13th, 2010, 12:43 am

I've been a keen viewer of Troutnut but hadn't realised there was a forum. My name's Dave Wiltshire and I am from Bristol in South West England. I am a bit of small stream fanatic, love tying flies and have an avid interest in photography.

I have a website and a blog; the website being devoted to fly tying at the moment. Please have a look:

http://davewiltshireflytying.blogspot.com/
http://www.riverflybox.co.uk/

Soon ~ Dave
Shawnny3August 13th, 2010, 4:28 am
Pleasant Gap, PA

Very pretty flies, Dave, a nice blend of classic and modern patterns with a personal touch. They all look like they'd be very effective on trout.

Welcome.

-Shawn
Jewelry-Quality Artistic Salmon Flies, by Shawn Davis
www.davisflydesigns.com
MartinlfAugust 13th, 2010, 9:48 am
Palmyra PA

Dave, enjoyed your tutorials, and picked up a number of ideas. One was the use of wire to create a rib on a brassie. I haven't seen that before an thought it was a superb idea. Thanks for sharing your tutorials and other aspects of your craft.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
PaulRobertsAugust 13th, 2010, 10:07 am
Colorado

Very nice. Very elegant. Bookmarked for when I have more time.
JADAugust 13th, 2010, 11:11 am
Alexandria Pa

Welcome to the forum Dave , I'm a wet fly guy and I for one appreciate the work on your flies . I like the looks of the hooks on your CDC Dun , the shape of the point and the fact that it is barbless.

Best
JaD

They fasten red (crimson red) wool around a hook, and fix onto the wool two feathers which grow under a cock’s wattles, and which in colour are like wax.
Radcliffe's Fishing from the Earliest Times,
MartinlfAugust 13th, 2010, 1:29 pm
Palmyra PA

Yeah, John, some of those are the Partridge Surehold Lightning Dry hooks (SLD). I used them almost exclusively for my grannom patterns this spring and had excellent luck. The Tiemco 103 is a great looking hook also; I hope to try it in the future. Dave also uses the Varivas wave hook for his nymphs. I have one pack of them to try. Dave, do you like them best for nymph patterns? If so, why?
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
EricdAugust 13th, 2010, 5:36 pm
Mpls, MN

Hi Dave,

Very nice flies and photos. I have a long way to go behind my vice.

In 1997, I remember taking a break from driving, I think Fort William was nearby, and walking along a gorgeous small stream there and thinking about the fish that might be in the stream. This was after the first fly rod was handed down to me, but about a decade before I got into using it. I look back on that memory almost every time I'm on the water and want to punch myself in the face for not "knowing" back then. I have not been back. I had a blast over there.

Welcome.
DwiltshireAugust 16th, 2010, 3:21 pm
Posts: 3Thanks for the warm welcome folks and the positive feedback.

The SLD is a great hook. My main pattern for tying dries. For nymphs I really do like the Varivas WB but also the Partridge BIN.

Looking forward to joinin in with this forum ;)

~Dave
Amandak695September 7th, 2010, 7:54 pm
dfdsf

Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !
Jmd123September 7th, 2010, 9:22 pm
Oscoda, MI

Amadak, why, but of course! After all, we were ALL new members once...

And, of course, your fishing interests are...? I myself am a "troutnut" who is really, truth be known, a "closet smallmouth nut"...see the post entitled "what did you did on Sunday evening?"...

Jonathoin
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
Jmd123September 7th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Oscoda, MI

OOOPs, mispellings...it's late and the vodka is flowing...sorry, Amandak, this is JONATHON.
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
SofthackleSeptember 8th, 2010, 6:54 pm
Site Editor
Wellsville, NY

Hi Dave,
Good to have you aboard, here. As you can see, I frequent this interesting forum, too. Lots of good people, here, with a wealth of knowledge. I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty." Edward R. Hewitt

Flymphs, Soft-hackles and Spiders: http://www.troutnut.com/libstudio/FS&S/index.html
DwiltshireSeptember 12th, 2010, 2:10 pm

It has been a while!

Catch you soon ~D
Bill_WtrmnSeptember 14th, 2010, 11:10 am
Nevada City, Ca

I too am a new comer to the troutnut forum! I am really enjoying all of the interesting photos and shared experiences!! Dave your sites are well done and your flies are like works of art! I especially liked your Hi-Vis / Balloon Caddis.

I too have a new site but I am gathering little known secrets and tips that people can have free access too, and have found some invaluable tips on troutnut.com. Thanks Dave for sharing and making another new comer feel comfortable in posting.

Best,
Bill

troutfishingsecrets
Bill_Wtrmn
Rachely476October 29th, 2010, 6:35 pm
Rachel Y

Welcome to forum!
My name is Rachely, from California.
http://moviesonlineworld.com
Shawnny3October 30th, 2010, 7:12 am
Pleasant Gap, PA

Welcome, Rachely. We are always on the lookout for new spammers.

-Shawn
www.davisflydesigns.com
Tracyk859November 10th, 2010, 6:00 pm
NEW YORK

Hi, I am Tracy . I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Shawnny3November 10th, 2010, 7:35 pm
Pleasant Gap, PA

And another...

-Shawn
www.davisflydesigns.com
Kellyj994November 10th, 2010, 8:14 pm
I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

< />watch skyline online free
OldredbarnNovember 11th, 2010, 6:28 am
Novi, MI

This is incredible Shawnny! Is this some sort of mantra they are sold or is this an embedded message from al quaeda?!

Maybe I should tell them I want to rent, "A River Runs Through It"...;)

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
Page:12

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.