or register.
Scientific name search:

> > New England Tenkara Outing

LMarshallMay 8th, 2010, 7:53 am
MA & NH

Tenkara Outing:
The Deerfield R. and Dunbar Brook, Rowe MA
Saturday April 15th 2010, 9:30am-4:00pm

An open and informal gathering for those interested in Japanese tenkara fly-fishing to take place on the mountain streams of the Hoosac Range in Northwestern Massachusetts. All are welcome!
This is an opportunity for anyone interested in tenkara to learn about this simple, yet subtle and effective fishing method. For those already experienced in tenkara, this is a great chance to meet other tenkara anglers, exchange ideas, and fish some classic mountain streams for wild brook trout. I'll look forward to seeing you on the stream!

- Laurent Marshall

Directions:

- The Dunbar Brook Trailhead parking lot is located on River Road north of the Fife Brook Dam in Rowe, MA.

Points South: from I-91 N take Exit 26 to MA-2 W, after passing through the town of Charlemont MA, turn right onto Zoar Rd., Zoar Rd. becomes River Rd. Approximately 1 mile after passing the Bear Swamp Power Station Visitors Center, the Dunbar Brook Trailhead will be on your left.

Points East: From VT-9/NH-9 W take VT-100 S, in Readsboro VT turn left onto Tunnel St., after crossing into MA, Tunnel St. becomes Readsboro Rd., Readsboro Rd. becomes River Rd., after 1.7 miles the Dunbar Brook Trailhead will be on your right.

Points West: NY-2 E becomes MA-2 E, in Florida MA turn left onto Whitcomb Hill Rd., after 2.1 miles turn left onto River Rd.

Points North: either I-91 S, or VT-7 S will get you to VT-9. If you are coming from VT-7, follow VT-9 E, to VT-8 S, and turn left onto VT-100, then turn right onto Tunnel St. in Readsboro VT, and continue to the Dunbar Brook Trailhead in MA.

I recomend taking a close look at the area with Google Maps (maps.google.com) or the Acme Mapper (mapper.acme.com) before you leave, and bring a map! Cell phone service in this area is spotty at best; Verizon customers are likely not to recieve any signal at all, while AT&T customers may be fortunate to get some weak coverage.

Contact Information:

Laurent Marshall
Cell: 603-801-4420
e-mail: lmarshall@clarku.edu

TenkaraUSA has graciously offered demo rods for this trip, so don't worry if you don't have a rod.

Check out http://www.tenkarausa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=323&start=50 for updates.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.