Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > This is the best cartoon EVER. (My favorite Calvin & Hobbes...)

TroutnutMay 2nd, 2010, 2:50 pm
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

As a former astronomy major-turned-stream ecologist and bug collector, this Calvin & Hobbes cartoon tells the whole story of my life.
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
Troutnut and salmonid ecologist
GONZOMay 2nd, 2010, 3:09 pm
Site Editor
"Bear Swamp," PA

Perfect, Jason! :)
OldredbarnMay 2nd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Novi, MI

And don't you just hate it when a canoe comes down the stream quietly and catches you staring down in to the water or they see you swiping at something they can't see in the air? We have to admit, if someone were to film us, we may appear a bit odd...

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
CrenoMay 2nd, 2010, 4:40 pm
Grants Pass, OR

I have had that message on my dungeon door for years...... always loved C&H
Jmd123May 2nd, 2010, 10:09 pm
Oscoda, MI

I've been fortunate enough to have an ex-wife and a couple of subsequent girlfriends who actually did this as well...too bad none of them were nice enough to me to keep around...Next one who does this AND is nice enough to me gets a wedding ring...

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
Jmd123May 2nd, 2010, 10:10 pm
Oscoda, MI

P.S. Okay, she also has to be good looking AND good in bed...

JMD
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
CaseyPMay 4th, 2010, 8:27 pm
Arlington, VA/ Mercersburg, PA

sorry, Jmd, i'm already taken...;-)
"You can observe a lot by watching." Yogi Berra
OldredbarnMay 5th, 2010, 6:51 am
Novi, MI

What did I just miss here?! I must be asleep at the wheel these days...

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
CaseyPMay 5th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Arlington, VA/ Mercersburg, PA

some troutnuts are lady anglers, and some of us have a sense of the outrageous. Best Fishing Buddy thought it was pretty funny!
"You can observe a lot by watching." Yogi Berra
Jmd123May 5th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Oscoda, MI

Spence, I believe there is what we referred to in the Army as a "female" hiding in our midst...

HEHEHEHEHE CaseyP...you gotta sister???? ;oD

Jonathon

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.
Most Recent Posts
Re: large free living caddis rhyacophila?
In the Identify This! Board by Kjfeen (Taxon replied)