or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Salmon River NY

Report at a Glance

General RegionWestern New York
Specific LocationPulaski New York
Time of DayAll Day
Fish CaughtSteelhead over 10 pounds, Brown trout over 10 pounds
Conditions & HatchesDrop back fishing is very good with some fish still being caught with eggs. So the Salmon river should be excellent for the next 2 weeks. Awesome numbers and truly trophy steelhead and brown trout.

Details and Discussion

JimdickenApril 8th, 2010, 10:02 am
Soldotna, Alaska

Check out Yankee Fly and Tackle at FishTheSalmonRiver.com for lodging and for fishing in the Town Pool
Jim Dicken
Backwoods Concierge Funny Moose Lodge...
Alaska Discount Vacations is Offering 3 Kenai River trout/dolly trips, $899 pp based on 2, $849 for 3 or more, Kenai Canyon add on for $225. Price good any SAT to SAT ,2010 season, cabin lodging based
WbranchApril 8th, 2010, 2:25 pm
York & Starlight PA

A friend of mine called today to tell me he was up at the SR Tuesday and Wednesday. He caught fish both days but he really called to tell me about an unusual experience. He was at the head of Schoolhouse on the south side and was about twenty feet from the bank. He was fishing nymphs to the flow side, he kept hearing some splashing behind him so he turned around and saw some nervous water, in only about a foot of water. He cut the nymph off and put on a #10 Stimulator and cast about the commotion, the fly floated about 3' and a huge head came up and ate the fly with an explosive take. He landed the 10# steelie about 100 yars down river.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.