Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > A video, only the brave should watch.

JADMarch 28th, 2010, 9:40 am
Alexandria Pa

I came across this video ,I thought you might enjoy watching . Not quite my cup of tea, to say the least.

JAD

They fasten red (crimson red) wool around a hook, and fix onto the wool two feathers which grow under a cock’s wattles, and which in colour are like wax.
Radcliffe's Fishing from the Earliest Times,
Shawnny3March 28th, 2010, 3:49 pm
Pleasant Gap, PA

I would only attempt this walk if there was a REALLY nice brookie stream at the end. Otherwise, it's just not very sane at all.

-Shawn
Jewelry-Quality Artistic Salmon Flies, by Shawn Davis
www.davisflydesigns.com
CaseyPMarch 29th, 2010, 7:09 am
Arlington, VA/ Mercersburg, PA

confirms my belief in angels...
"You can observe a lot by watching." Yogi Berra
WbranchMarch 29th, 2010, 12:18 pm
York & Starlight PA

Looked at it yesterday and shuddered throughout the entire video. I'd need to know there was a spring creek full of 22" and bigger wild browns and rainbows, with predictable infrequens lasting for hours everyday, before I'd even consider that trek.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
LastchanceMarch 29th, 2010, 3:12 pm
Portage, PA

was that for real? wow!
MartinlfMarch 30th, 2010, 8:27 am
Palmyra PA

Yikes!
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
EricdMarch 30th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Mpls, MN

That makes a fear of heights very rational.
Flatstick96March 30th, 2010, 1:15 pm
That was pretty sweet.

Reminds me of a particular section of the Nualolo Cliff Trail on Kaua'i. When we hiked it we didn't stop to take pictures, but here's one from someone who did (where the guy is looking is at least a thousand foot drop):

http://www.sallyandrobert.com/pics/hawaii/IMG_2247.jpg

Thankfully, the dangerous part of the trail is only about 1/4 mile long, and the really sketchy part (where the above picture was taken) is only a few hundred feet long. Still though, traversing those few hundred feet does make your sphincter pucker up just a bit...
MotroutApril 1st, 2010, 4:26 am
Okay, I've never been on anything nearly that rough.

But that does kind of remind me of the hike to a certain section of a canyon stream in Montana. As I said, it was never quite that frightening, but there were quite a few places you could see how a miss-step could be very bad news.

It least in this case it was worth it though, because the creek was full of cutthroat trout 14" and up:)
"I don't know what fly fishing teaches us, but I think it's something we need to know."-John Gierach
http://fishingintheozarks.blogspot.com/
Michael123April 21st, 2010, 5:01 am
Banned
NY

Hi motrout, i am agree with you, i think it was never quite that frightening, but there were quite a few places you could see how a miss-step could be very bad news. thanks for sharing
one of the world's most banned spammers

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.