Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Hi from Missouri

MotroutMarch 19th, 2010, 6:31 pm
I'm from Eastern Missouri of all places, I like to fish for trout in the streams of the Southern Missouri Ozarks. I'm headed down to the Current tommorrow, will give a fishing report. Just wanted to say hello. I help run a fishing website, which I won't link to until I've actually contributed something useful on the forum LOL.
"I don't know what fly fishing teaches us, but I think it's something we need to know."-John Gierach
http://fishingintheozarks.blogspot.com/
MartinlfMarch 19th, 2010, 6:41 pm
Palmyra PA

Welcome to the site, you'll find friendly folks here who love to fish and talk bugs.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
MotroutMarch 20th, 2010, 5:32 am
Thanks. Sure seems like a nice website here.
"I don't know what fly fishing teaches us, but I think it's something we need to know."-John Gierach
MudshackApril 14th, 2010, 6:14 am
Lee's Summit, MO (KC)

I am in NW Missouri. Howdy neighbor.
Jmd123April 14th, 2010, 10:33 am
Oscoda, MI

You MO guys are giving me the fits - I guess I just need to go on a fishing vacation down there sometime! Some old stomping grounds...

Jonathon

P.S. Mudshack, be sure to check out the Blue River south of KC for largemouth, panfish (including white crappie), and channel cats (I actually managed to catch a couple of them on FLIES a few years ago in TX). GOOD LUCK!!!
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
MudshackApril 14th, 2010, 11:53 am
Lee's Summit, MO (KC)

Yeh, the Blue is pretty and has a ton of deer around it. Channel cats.....hmmm....never thought of that. I figured it was a chub, sucker and rockbass stream.
TroutnutApril 14th, 2010, 12:08 pm
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

How did that Ozark fishing trip turn out?

I grew up in northeastern Missouri, in Kirksville. I'm very glad to have lived in troutier places since I moved away from there!
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
Troutnut and salmonid ecologist
Jmd123April 14th, 2010, 3:01 pm
Oscoda, MI

Mudshack, I did pop a 16" largemouth in the Blue on a little (#10) silver minnow imitation once. It was nothing more than some silver Mylar braided tubing and a pair of small silver dumbell eyes, but as soon as it hit the water that fat boy swam up to it and sucked it in, before I could even begin to strip it. YEE HAW!!

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
Jmd123April 14th, 2010, 3:03 pm
Oscoda, MI

P.S. I don't remember ever pulling any rock bass out of there (many more down south with the smallies), however I did get some nice bluegill, green sunfish, and white crappie. There are also CARP if you are inclined to chase them (I am not).

JMD
MotroutApril 14th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Troutnut, the trip that weekend turned out pretty good... The fish were rising to caddis, which made for a pretty nice day.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.