Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Yorkshire Pictures

CaseyP has attached these 5 pictures. The message is below.
View Full SizeView Full Size (1.6X larger)
turned out to be a very nice brown, caught in sight of the scene below.
turned out to be a very nice brown, caught in sight of the scene below.
Bolton Abbey was destroyed by King Henry VIII.  The graveyard is still active, as is a rebuilt section of the church behind this part.
Bolton Abbey was destroyed by King Henry VIII. The graveyard is still active, as is a rebuilt section of the church behind this part.
after matching the hatch all day in Burnsall with little result, i tried a big CDC ant with white legs and this fellow slammed it.  the picture is blurry because i hold my breath when i lift the fish out of the water to make sure it goes back in pretty quick.  this fish confirmed once again my opinion that the pool next the parking lot is always worth a try, since everyone else knows it's far too pressured.
after matching the hatch all day in Burnsall with little result, i tried a big CDC ant with white legs and this fellow slammed it. the picture is blurry because i hold my breath when i lift the fish out of the water to make sure it goes back in pretty quick. this fish confirmed once again my opinion that the pool next the parking lot is always worth a try, since everyone else knows it's far too pressured.
the grayling--looks rather like a chub, right? the famous blue fin is all folded up along the back.
the grayling--looks rather like a chub, right? the famous blue fin is all folded up along the back.
Yorkshire Dales scenery...there are no trees on the hill tops because Neolithic man cut them all down, and the resulting exposed slopes and thin soil mean that trees can't grow up there now.  Those areas are called moors, and they're mostly covered in bracken and heather.
Yorkshire Dales scenery...there are no trees on the hill tops because Neolithic man cut them all down, and the resulting exposed slopes and thin soil mean that trees can't grow up there now. Those areas are called moors, and they're mostly covered in bracken and heather.
CaseyPSeptember 27th, 2009, 4:22 pm
Arlington, VA/ Mercersburg, PA

having trouble with the photo function over on the Fishing Reports forum. thank you for your patience with a boastful angler.
"You can observe a lot by watching." Yogi Berra
SofthackleSeptember 27th, 2009, 7:39 pm
Site Editor
Wellsville, NY

Thanks Casey for the great photos. Looks like wonderful country and some very nice fish.

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty." Edward R. Hewitt

Flymphs, Soft-hackles and Spiders: http://www.troutnut.com/libstudio/FS&S/index.html
MartinlfSeptember 27th, 2009, 9:20 pm
Palmyra PA

Gorgeous photos. Thanks for letting us join you a for a bit on this trip.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.