Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > No Flyfishing yet... but still got some good fish!

ScareCrow has attached these 4 pictures. The message is below.
View Full SizeView Full Size (3.1X larger)
A 22inch creek chub.  weighed about 4lbs too.
A 22inch creek chub. weighed about 4lbs too.
View Full SizeView Full Size (2.4X larger)
a brown i caught on a rapala jointed.
a brown i caught on a rapala jointed.
View Full SizeView Full Size (3.5X larger)
a nice rainbow.  yes i ate him for dinner, but i am a culinary affecianado (spelling?).  i love to cook, and the only thing better than cooking fish, is cleaning, cooking, and eating a fresh rainbow.
a nice rainbow. yes i ate him for dinner, but i am a culinary affecianado (spelling?). i love to cook, and the only thing better than cooking fish, is cleaning, cooking, and eating a fresh rainbow.
View Full SizeView Full Size (2.6X larger)
Here he is... 2ft pickerel.  Caught him on an old fake worm with a jighead that i found laying on the ground at a local pond.  The best lures aren't the 7 dollar ones i buy, but the ones i find.
Here he is... 2ft pickerel. Caught him on an old fake worm with a jighead that i found laying on the ground at a local pond. The best lures aren't the 7 dollar ones i buy, but the ones i find.
ScareCrowJune 6th, 2008, 7:06 am
Wolfeboro, NH

I am kinda bummed that I didn't get to go flyfishing yet this year. But everyone enjoys just going out to do some good ol' lure fishing. Got myself a few trout on the big lake here and also a 2 ft. pickerel. (biggest fish in my life so far) Figured I could share them with you. I know you guys would appreciate it.
-=Scarecrow=-
Al514June 6th, 2008, 7:10 pm
Central New York

That "brown" you caught looks like a brook trout to me....
ScareCrowJune 9th, 2008, 7:43 am
Wolfeboro, NH

figured someone would say that. all the photos i've seen of "brookies" shows they have a very distinctive red belly and are brighter colored than the one i caught. wasn't really sure which one it was but now i know.
-=Scarecrow=-
FreepowJune 9th, 2008, 10:03 am
menomonie, WI

my guess is its a brookie also...the white tips on the fins are a big indication. I don't see any worming on the back but I think we are losing that in the picture.
"I fish...because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I for one don't want to waste the trip..."
TrtklrJune 9th, 2008, 11:03 am
Banned
Michigan

I don't know where you reside but my guess is either a brook trout or a bull trout. Light spots on a dark background definetly not a brown, a char of some type for sure. Perhaps a dolly varden but I would say with almost 100 percent certainty not a brown.
I have seen nothing more beautiful than the sunrise on a cold stream.
CamWolf1313June 16th, 2008, 3:44 pm
Andover, MA/ Andover NH

My guess would be a brookie. Do to his location its probibly not a bull trout. the white tips at the end are an indication along with the yellow spots with the very slight blue outlining. Still an awesome fish.
"Clear your mind of everything but the fish and the fly and you will be in the right mind frame to land it"
Billy Berger.
GrannomJune 17th, 2008, 12:00 pm
Northwest PA

Just looks like a faded(or never colored) stocked brookie... nice pickerel by the way.
"Be calm - you're there..." "...Tell yourself there's no rush, even if there is."

-John Gierach

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.